cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish user experience.

ZombieBoyIB
Honored Guest

I’ve used Facebook for ages, went for a punt on Quest. The most infuriating experience ever. I’m stuck in a loop trying to log in on the headset, and I’ve reset Facebook password number it’s times, received authentication text messages on my phone while wearing the headset, then it wants a code from code generator.

I tried, but Facebook can only harvest data and sell advertising. You clearly can’t create a simple and slick user authentication experience. I’ve given up, the headset will go to a recycling centre as it’s barely worth the plastic it’s made from.

2 REPLIES 2

cleverestx
Explorer

Just reset it and don't use Facebook...why use FB anyway? This time set it up via an email account only. works fine in my case, just got mine about a week ago and I have had no issues.

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey there @ZombieBoyIB. Based on the what you've described, it sounds like you created a duplicate account by accident during one of your login attempts. Don't feel bad, several people reported this happening and they also came out with a fix for it.  

As @cleverestx mentions, you don't need a Facebook account anymore to use your headset. If you'd like, you can talk to support about unlinking your Facebook account if you so desire. https://metaque.st/Support

I hope you give VR a second chance! It's only going to get better with time. 🙂

Have you tried turning it off and on again?