cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 0.2.4: OVR::System::Destroy() hangs when...

sth
Honored Guest
With SDK 0.2.4, OVR::System::Destroy() hangs when SensorFusion is still attached to the sensor.
This worked fine with older versions of the SDK.

A workaround is to call AttachToSensor(NULL) beforehand.
16 REPLIES 16

brantlew
Adventurer
Nice catch. Thanks for the heads-up sth.

StellaArtois
Protege
Thanks for the workaround! 🙂

dgreen02
Honored Guest

CyberVillain
Honored Guest
Thanks for info!

Oculus Team, are there any more breaking changes?

I use the UseCase code from the SensorBox sample, thanks

https://github.com/AndersMalmgren/FreePIE/blob/master/Lib/OculusVR/Code/src/ovr_freepie.cpp

brantlew
Adventurer
We will be fixing this issue very shortly.

CyberVillain
Honored Guest
ah okey, so this fix should not be needed once you have a new version out of the SDK?
Btw, do I need to change anything in my code to get the magnometer calibration? Or is it applied by defualt by the SDK

Thanks!

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are using the latest SDK, you don't have to do anything special to enable mag support. As long as the user has done the mag calibration in the config tool, then you should be good to go.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

StellaArtois
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
If you are using the latest SDK, you don't have to do anything special to enable mag support. As long as the user has done the mag calibration in the config tool, then you should be good to go.

cyber, should we be expecting isMagCalibrated() to just return true in that case?

brantlew
Adventurer
There is a new bug fixed 0.2.4.b version of the SDK on the site now that addresses this issue. It should work as 0.2.3 did on shutdown.

As for auto-correction, if you calibrate the device through the Config Util and check "Use Saved Calibration Automatically" then mag correction gets turned on automatically in SensorFusion::AttachToSensor() so that (SFusion.HasMagCalibration() == true && SFusion.IsYawCorrectioonEnabled() == true) afterwards.