cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION - Wrong Oculus Account Linked to Facebook Account

Tribb
Protege
Waited a week for Oculus to fix my issue of wrong Oculus account tied to Facebook account. Library was empty. Found a solution on Reddit from iMason420.

Using a computer web-browser, Not The App, go to the Oculus website and login with the inncorrect account.

Make sure this is the Oculus account YOU DO NOT WANT, because you are going to delete that account:
Go to Profile, Privacy Center, Delete Your Oculus Data

You will be brought to the Facebook site to complete the deletion.

Now you can log in to the Oculus App with your good Oculus account and link it to Facebook. Note: I had to delete the Oculus App cache.
81 REPLIES 81

ChavNinja13
Explorer
Same issue the oculas support are not replying anymore and now I can't do anything at all with the set after following there instructions - will have to return to shop - ( see my other thread on this) absolutely terrible support service which does nothing

bitterboy
Honored Guest

WikiD007 said:

Ok Just an update to my post on October 31st

WikiD007 said:

Dammit I tried the fix and I thought I almost had it but alas it has not worked.

- Deleted the rogue oculus account that was linked to my Facebook through PC.  How was it even created? I've never used oculus using my Facebook. It says its on 30 day suspension grace period now.
- Then deleted Instagram app, Facebook app and Oculus app off my phone and logged Facebook out of internet.
- Then just reinstalled Oculus app ,and then when I logged into my actual oculus account and start  the merge process I manage to get the oculus app to switch over to the internet version of Facebook and ask for me to log in.

Got excited at this point

- Logged into Facebook, but then when it says Oculus would like  access to your Facebook account, "continue with xxx my name xxx" 
It goes to a blank page with oculus in the title.  and thats it

Once I install the Facebook app again, and try the merge, it just does that thing where it loops back.

Maybe once the 30 day period has ended and the rogue oculus data has been deleted, it might work.

Oculus support spoke to me through my support ticket email that I started 2 weeks ago.

Apparently trying to delete my oculus data meant they had to get my confirmation to undelete it before they could unlink that account.  So probably best not to try the solution above. They then sent an email to my facebook email to reset my password of its erroneous oculus account. 

Once that was done, support was able to unlink that oculus account from my facebook. 

I made sure I didnt log in with my "reset" password to that erroneous account. Once you reset your password it takes you to a page where you can then log in with your new password. DONT DO THIS . A mistake that I almost made and support didn't make it clear not to do this. . That would apparently create another erroneous oculus account.

I was able to use the app to now merge my preferred oculus account to my facebook. Apparently an error crops up at the end but it can be ignored.

I am now playing with my oculus quest 2.

yay

Hi.

Did that chat person do something after your password reset? Or support team? Because yesterday I explained to chat person that could it be that I cannot reset password cause that account is under deletion process and then she canceled that deletion and then I got reset link. But still waiting for that someone whos going to unlink it.

WikiD007
Honored Guest

bitterboy said:

WikiD007 said:

Ok Just an update to my post on October 31st

WikiD007 said:

Dammit I tried the fix and I thought I almost had it but alas it has not worked.

- Deleted the rogue oculus account that was linked to my Facebook through PC.  How was it even created? I've never used oculus using my Facebook. It says its on 30 day suspension grace period now.
- Then deleted Instagram app, Facebook app and Oculus app off my phone and logged Facebook out of internet.
- Then just reinstalled Oculus app ,and then when I logged into my actual oculus account and start  the merge process I manage to get the oculus app to switch over to the internet version of Facebook and ask for me to log in.

Got excited at this point

- Logged into Facebook, but then when it says Oculus would like  access to your Facebook account, "continue with xxx my name xxx" 
It goes to a blank page with oculus in the title.  and thats it

Once I install the Facebook app again, and try the merge, it just does that thing where it loops back.

Maybe once the 30 day period has ended and the rogue oculus data has been deleted, it might work.

Oculus support spoke to me through my support ticket email that I started 2 weeks ago.

Apparently trying to delete my oculus data meant they had to get my confirmation to undelete it before they could unlink that account.  So probably best not to try the solution above. They then sent an email to my facebook email to reset my password of its erroneous oculus account. 

Once that was done, support was able to unlink that oculus account from my facebook. 

I made sure I didnt log in with my "reset" password to that erroneous account. Once you reset your password it takes you to a page where you can then log in with your new password. DONT DO THIS . A mistake that I almost made and support didn't make it clear not to do this. . That would apparently create another erroneous oculus account.

I was able to use the app to now merge my preferred oculus account to my facebook. Apparently an error crops up at the end but it can be ignored.

I am now playing with my oculus quest 2.

yay

Hi.

Did that chat person do something after your password reset? Or support team? Because yesterday I explained to chat person that could it be that I cannot reset password cause that account is under deletion process and then she canceled that deletion and then I got reset link. But still waiting for that someone whos going to unlink it.

YES , they have to unlink it.

I sent a confirmation email to them saying I had reset my password.

They sent back an email saying they have unlinked

After that, I went on my oculus phone app and just did the merger through there.

Reading the above posts, I think I just got lucky with my assigned support worker,

HungarBoom
Honored Guest
I sent that confirmation email 8 days ago but they just dont follow up.

bitterboy
Honored Guest
Finally its over. Contacted chat. Not sure if he or someone else un merged account. But I suggest that you contact chat if you still have problem. 

But to be clear. In my case, wasted time for trying to reset password for account which was under deletion process. It doesnt work. So contacted chat to cancel that deletion and after that I got password reset email. Then someone was able to unlink email from fb account. Contacting support with email is slow so to fasten that process spam chat for updates of you process. Took 6days for me to solve this 

Waisted few days because email support told to reset password and it didnt work cause of that ongoing deletion process and I told them that is that reason for not being able to reset password. They did not respond. Chat did respond. 

Still its mystery if that chat is AI or not but got that problem solved anyway. 

So I hope that this helps if someone is strugling with this problem. Cheers.

HungarBoom
Honored Guest
Thanks to your update, I contacted support chat again. This time I got a very helpful person who forwarded the chat to email support. Although he said 24 - 48 hours, I got an email in 30 minutes. With some emails back and forth (finally 2 accounts had to be unlinked) he solved it and I am back in business! Tnx again for the help in the forum. 

bitterboy
Honored Guest

Thanks to your update, I contacted support chat again. This time I got a very helpful person who forwarded the chat to email support. Although he said 24 - 48 hours, I got an email in 30 minutes. With some emails back and forth (finally 2 accounts had to be unlinked) he solved it and I am back in business! Tnx again for the help in the forum. 

Good bye reality!

HungarBoom
Honored Guest
Go to Oculus support and click on open a ticket. Then look at the right bottom of the page where a chat window appears. 
Good luck! 

Nixxxxxx
Protege
I'm really bummed out that I expected to be playing with my Quest 2 right out of the box till I found out that the person who helped setup the Quest 2 for me assigned it with a new Oculus account instead of the Oculus account I've had since the DK2 and Oculus Rift S.

It's really boring how I have to go through support just to try to get back into playing again with a Quest that is just stuck in the setup screen with a code. I'm not wanting to wait, I'm wanting to play now!

Nixxxxxx
Protege
If I at least do not get my account situated to work with the downloaded content I bought through Oculus when I used my Rift S for my Quest in less than 14 days compared to the people here who stated they waited over 2 weeks with support still going back and forth.. I may just have to return my Quest 2 as I do not want to risk losing my return window to a issue that Facebook considers a 'feature' to intertwine a facebook account to an oculus account 'permanently' without asking or pushing to be sure you didn't have any previous Oculus equipment or already have an Oculus account.

I'm already stuck with my Quest 2 on the setup screen with the code, but my app is stuck on Quest 2 Disclosure and 'login with facebook' that keeps refreshing over and over. Already tried to clear storage/cache, and going to just keep trying to link my current Oculus account that I want linked to my facebook account.

😞