cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION - Wrong Oculus Account Linked to Facebook Account

Tribb
Protege
Waited a week for Oculus to fix my issue of wrong Oculus account tied to Facebook account. Library was empty. Found a solution on Reddit from iMason420.

Using a computer web-browser, Not The App, go to the Oculus website and login with the inncorrect account.

Make sure this is the Oculus account YOU DO NOT WANT, because you are going to delete that account:
Go to Profile, Privacy Center, Delete Your Oculus Data

You will be brought to the Facebook site to complete the deletion.

Now you can log in to the Oculus App with your good Oculus account and link it to Facebook. Note: I had to delete the Oculus App cache.
81 REPLIES 81

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
When it's so simple, Oculus Support should have been able to tell you in a very short time. 2c. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Tribb
Protege
We waited a week for a 5 minute solution, and the solution didn't even come from Oculus.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

When it's so simple, Oculus Support should have been able to tell you in a very short time. 2c. 

The problem is that its not so simple.  Oculus/facebook is probably getting slammed with tech support by people who are not as computer savvy or don't know how to describe a problem for the launch week.

Probably behind the scenes they are making a script to solve this,  most people don't have 2 or 3 facebook accounts.

Although not ideal facebook provides the server and security to store account information.

carl_sanders1
Explorer
I can confirm that this has WORKED. AWESOME WORK.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm temporarily pinning this thread for visibility, so people can resolve at least this type of account problem.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

mvorstermans
Explorer
Not working for me - managed to delete the incorrect Oculus account from FB, and App is no longer insisting that Facebook was already linked to another account. 

But, now it just repeats the "merge warning" screen in the app whenever I click the "Continue with Facebook" button to merge with the correct account. Deleted cache, deleted Oculus app, reinstalled - no change.

Went to log in at Oculus with FB account and was told "Your Oculus account is currently scheduled for deletion. Please contact Oculus support." 

Tried to link accounts from Oculus desktop app, which opens a browser window and correctly identifies the two accounts I want to link, but it fails after I hit the confirm button and says " It looks like you're lost. Let's get you back home."

Any ideas?

NigelSMASH
Honored Guest
Not working for me either with the exact same issue as mvorstermans.

Did a live chat with support again earlier to go through this and update my original ticket I logged from the 13th and no help at all. Instead, they raised a new ticket which I'm 95% sure they've sent to the wrong email address (typo in their confirmation of the email address during chat) despite me stating this. It doesn't show in my list of support tickets nor have I received any confirmation of a new ticket being raised or anything added to my original ticket since I first logged it.

I've logged out of all sessions in FB, cleared cache in the Android app, tried two separate devices, even different WiFi networks but nada.

I honestly do not believe that I've encountered more frustrating support in my life. Clearly they no membership of the SDI.

koaakua
Honored Guest

Not working for me - managed to delete the incorrect Oculus account from FB, and App is no longer insisting that Facebook was already linked to another account. 

But, now it just repeats the "merge warning" screen in the app whenever I click the "Continue with Facebook" button to merge with the correct account. Deleted cache, deleted Oculus app, reinstalled - no change.

Went to log in at Oculus with FB account and was told "Your Oculus account is currently scheduled for deletion. Please contact Oculus support." 

Tried to link accounts from Oculus desktop app, which opens a browser window and correctly identifies the two accounts I want to link, but it fails after I hit the confirm button and says " It looks like you're lost. Let's get you back home."

Any ideas?

Same issue here; I've put in a ticket including screenshots and the need (merge x oculus account with y facebook account) but nothing yet.

Super disappointing to have a bricked headset right off the bat. I only ran to best-buy to pick this up because I found the fix Tribb posted (as well as stalking iMason's original reddit chain), but it didn't work for me!

Edit: On the Oculus login page, if I click login as FaceBook it indicates my account is scheduled for deletion. Is this the reason I cannot use my headset, and if so, am I locked out for up to 30 days while my account deletion is reviewed?? If so this is completely unacceptable. 

korzman
Protege
I'm having the same issue. I'm hoping that it's just taking a little time to sync through all the accounts. I really don't want to have to wait 14 days to merge and use the quest 2. I've been trying to get this resolved with facebook and Oculus since Oct 7
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?