cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Can't start Oculus app.

BradleyNewman
Explorer
Installed the Oculus setup for my CV1, then try and run the Oculus shortcut on the desktop. The program starts and then immediately closes. attached logs. I'm attempting a Repair installation right now.. the Service log has a bunch of errors in it..
37 REPLIES 37

cybereality
Grand Champion
I will have engineering take a closer look.
Can anyone with the problem please run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics" and upload the zip file it creates?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MagnusFurcifer
Honored Guest
@cybereality I have the same problem. I don't have the log zip handy, but I uploaded it to the support ticket: #160826 this morning.

This seems to be the same issue being discussed in this thread too: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/32461/solved-installation-completed-but-oculus-will-n...

glassboy
Honored Guest
i think this is the right one

akrieger
Explorer
@glassboy can you confirm you are not running Oculus as Admin, just as a normal user, and the same user as OVRServer_x64.exe is running as in task manager?

glassboy
Honored Guest

akrieger said:

@glassboy can you confirm you are not running Oculus as Admin, just as a normal user, and the same user as OVRServer_x64.exe is running as in task manager?

I think that it only originally worked when I chose to run it as Admin. How can I check to make sure that I am running both as the same user? I appreciate your help!

akrieger
Explorer
If you look in Task Manager under the details page, you will see an entry for OVRServer_x64.exe, and next to it a user name. The same applies for OculusClient.exe. See the attached screenshot.2nswwod7bm1d.png

glassboy
Honored Guest
The username is the same for both OVRServer_x64.exe and OculusClient.exe. it is different for OVRServiceLauncher. I don't know if that matters. Also, when I try to launch OculusClient.exe, there seem to be 3 separate applications that open at the same time and then all close instantly.

akrieger
Explorer
3 instances is expected, as is OVRServiceLauncher being a different user. I'll keep digging into it.

akrieger
Explorer
Ok, last question for the night.
1) Do you have antivirus installed? Does disabling it completely fix the issue? And if so, what brand is it?
2) Just for kicks, can you run OculusClient.exe as Admin and see if that fixes the problem? Make sure in the 'normal' case you have no compatibility settings enabled or anything.

glassboy
Honored Guest
1. I have Windows defender and that is it
2. I'll check this out when I get home later today.

Thanks again for trying help 🙂