cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] So, my eye's IPD is 68.5mm. What now?

TomTom1298
Explorer
Howdy.

I've been to my local optician and they've measured my eyes. 34mm and & 34.5mm from nose to eye. Summing this up is 68.5mm. The rift only supports max to 70. But that's like the limit with losing quality.

What's will happen if i setup my headset to 68.5mm? Will it be te same quality as for users with 65mm? Or will there be a quality loss? 
My PC-Specs:

I7 8700k - 16Gb DDR4 3200 Ram. (2x8) - RTX 2080 Ti
7 REPLIES 7

There's a thread here on the subject... the OP of that thread has the same IPD and asking the same question.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/75535/rift-s-ipd-range#latest

I don't think anyone has a firm answer yet so my advice, as per that thread is to wait and see what users think, we'll have lots of answers in a couple days.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

TomTom1298
Explorer

There's a thread here on the subject... the OP of that thread has the same IPD and asking the same question.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/75535/rift-s-ipd-range#latest

I don't think anyone has a firm answer yet so my advice, as per that thread is to wait and see what users think, we'll have lots of answers in a couple days.

Oh thank you! This topic is solved then 🙂
My PC-Specs:

I7 8700k - 16Gb DDR4 3200 Ram. (2x8) - RTX 2080 Ti

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also 68.5mm, seems like a popular number. I will let you know how it goes (I have an S coming).

jab
Rising Star
I hear rumors that Oculus support has acquired a special conformance tool..

gnrio38kao5p.jpg

Moe has the halo resulting hairstyle... as opposed to the inverse Mohican I get after wearing the CV1.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

jayhawk
Superstar

jab said:

I hear rumors that Oculus support has acquired a special conformance tool..

gnrio38kao5p.jpg

What tool do they have for a narrow one?

jab
Rising Star
evotpm38cldh.jpg
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?