cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

401 REPLIES 401

Hy.

I try to login my oculus account but its always display "no network error connection" or it shows update headset but headset display login to oculus account.

How to solve this error

takkeherrie
Explorer

Hi,

I recently got a Samsung Gear VR (Oculus) headset. Brand new in it's box. "Compatible with Note5/S6 edge+/S6/S6 edge/S7/S7 edge", it says on the front of the box.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 so I thought: "Nice! That should work!

Not...

When I connected my SGS7 to the Samsung Gear, it immediately installed an app. Oculus.

Ok, so far no problem.

When I opened this app it said: "Oculus from Facebook. Continue as (my name)".

When I did hit this button it said "Facebook-session expired".

WTF?

The same some problem occurs when I downloaded the Meta Quest app (I thought it would be an upgrade).

Now, every time I connect my SGS7 to the Gear VR, it says: a software update is required.

How? Where?

And so I can't get past the installation process...

Not to mention to get registered at Oculus or Meta...

Help me!

Hey there @takkeherrie! Thanks so much for reaching out, we know how it feels having issues getting your device set up. This is definitely never a fun situation to be in! As of November 2021, Gear VR will no longer be supported on devices that update to Android 12. If your mobile device has been updated to this operating system, it will no longer be compatible. For more information, check out our site here. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we're happy to assist.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there @Talha.Malik.0310! Thanks for reaching out. We completely understand how it feels to have issues logging into your account. We have a few questions we would like to ask so that we can get a better understanding of your issue.

1. When did this start happening?
  2. Have you been able to log-in in the past?
  3. What platform are you trying to log-in on? (Browser, Meta Quest app, PC app, etc.)
  4. Are you on mobile data or wifi?

Once you get back to us with this we can look further into this for you. Hope you're having a good day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1) recently bought a GEAR VR Headset from a Friend and then tried to log in and it start showing an error message.

2)No, it's my first time.

3)Platform-Oculus(Samsung Gear VR)

4)I have tried both. WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 2.59.53 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 2.59.54 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 2.59.54 PM (1).jpeg(Wifi and 4G)

Attaching images for reference.

Snoop.Driftera
Honored Guest

VALVE! If i get enough money - I will definitely bring em to VALVE. Those guys at least an artists. HL2 is still in my heart. And these meta bastards are all about money and power! Digital fascists!

When you buy a used car that someone never had a chance to drive - you just fill the fuel and drive an 30 years old classic in a good condition. When I bought a secondhand brand new never used Gear VR, I expected the same. You idiots trying to force me to buy some of your new **bleep**? First of all if a had money maybe I would. But not now anymore, since you left me with lost money and no VR experience at all. All my experience - "never trust that mothe**bleep**ers".

DIVIKUS
Honored Guest

So no head? 🥺🤭

Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S7 stilll works perfect on Android 8.0.0. So why this problem with the Oculus app, who say I need a sofware update. From where and how? And do I need some kind of device to point and click beside it? Please tell me or this VR is unusable for me...

Hello, @takkeherrie We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, but we regret to inform you that this device is not one that we at Meta support.  To get proper support you would need to go to this support website

We hope that all of your problems are resolved and that you soon get to explore virtual reality.

Any updates?

I have same issue with my s10e.

1. 12/10 After I make my Meta account from Facebook account.

2. Yes. Using Facebook account.

3. App name is: Oculus 

4. Wifi

I cannot login with either Facebook or Meta account.