cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

401 REPLIES 401

Hello, I contacted Samsung, for tye whole day of transferring from different departments,  then at the end of the day they send me to their service center to speak to people there for a solution,  however,  they also cannot solve it... then they suggest me to contact Facebook and Oculus, back to Facebook, they recommend me try to reach you guys and samsung... What a fantastic journey that are not work out for a solution.  Thereby, whose in charge in this case? Or is it share responsibility of both party? 

Final question: Does the server for the gear VR Shutdown? Because the Meta Quest can be login, but the Gear VR Oculus are not working out as no network connection.

Hey CamerlliaSu, to clarify Meta is not supporting Samsung Gear VR anymore and is not actively participating in anything related to that model of hardware. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions regarding Quest or Portal devices and their correlated accounts!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for reply, and I do understand the situation now, but what if it is not the hardware issues (or maybe it is?)? It is the login problem of the gear vr oculus App that are compulsory for the vr to use? What should I do with it? Should I just keep it as a collection ? Kind regards. 

Hey @CamerlliaSu, go ahead and PM the @MetaQuestSupport account and I'll make sure this gets looked into for you. There's a few things we can look into for you but we'll need to verify some account information with you privately.

Thanks!

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

Thank you so much for the help!!!!!!

Sand2285
Honored Guest

I was given a Samsung Gear VR as a gift and also a Samsung S8 to run with it.  I have been unable to use my VR, as I keep getting the same message which is "Facebook Session Expired", I have reinstalled facebook and Oculus and also changed my passwords but the same problem remains.  Please could you help so I can begin to enjoy my present.

Hey there, @Sand2285. We understand you're having issues with your Samsung Gear VR. We'd love to stir you in the right direction. 

Please provide us the following: 

•  Full name as it appears on your Oculus account
  • Current alias/username
  • Email address linked to the account

We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am having the same issue and also cannot log in due to no connections. Then when it allows me to log in the app prompts me to link my existing email to the acc or in other words log in. I log in with the correct meta acc email and password but the login page just froze there for 5 sec and just literally stop. No matter how many time i press the link and continue, it just froze at the login page. 

Hey @leebc79, go ahead and PM the @MetaQuestSupport account and tell them you're having this issue. We'll need to verify some account information with you but then we can get this sorted out for you. 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

Hey there, @leebc79! Thank you for letting us know you are having trouble logging into your account through the Gear VR. We know how troublesome this can be, and would be happy to help you look into it further!

Since we will be helping you with logging into your account, could you please send us a private message? To send us a message, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Once you send us a message, we'll be happy to look into this account with you!