cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing

xLil_Alx
Explorer

I think that screen sharing is a feature that should really be added to the quest platform. When you are in a party with your friends, you can be able to share your screen with them and they can see what you are doing. If you wanted to show your friends a cool part in the game you are playing, they could see it.

7 REPLIES 7

kojack
MVP
MVP

Already built in.

You can screen share with the phone you set up the Quest with, to a web link viewable in a browser, to a TV with a Chromecast or to a TV with a Nvidia Shield.

In the Oculus dash, click on the white arrow button. Then click the Cast button. It will now show a list of available devices it can see.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

9c9df2d79283d53493fbb1dcff32d793.jpg

Hi Guys, 

there used to be a "share" button (share screen via chromecast) on the dock, but now it disappeared and I could find it... Can anyone help please, thanks.

I used to make it work normally, but now I could not find the "white arrow button", could you help?

I attached the image here: (Above post)

The button you're looking for inside your headset is the Camera button, the one that looks like a camera. The Cast option will be there. You could also cast to your phone or a Chromecast device using THESE directions. Hope this helps!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Wow, thanks.

Is there a way you can share your screen ONLY to the person who is inside the party? I mean like, if they're in a completely different house than you can you share what you're doing with them IN the VR so they can watch? 

Hey there! We understand you would like to know if someone else in another household can see what you're playing if you try to use screen sharing. We know how much more exciting that might be. Currently, there is no way for you to use that feature. If you would like to see that feature implemented, we suggest you submit it to our Ideas page so our engineers can possibly take a look at it. We do hope you find this helpful!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!