cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen zoomed in, fisheye-type in oculus link

GutoMrqz
Honored Guest

I bought my oculus quest 2 a few days ago and i started to suffer about a screen problem that i dont know if its a hardware or software problem. When i start my oculus link i can play normally, but after a few minutes my screen get zoomed in and the fps drops, when i go back to oculus menu it comes back to normal, its not a cable or compatibility problem. I tried to search online but almost no one talk about this problem 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, GutoMrqz! We know troubleshooting isn't as much fun as playing PCVR games with the Quest 2, but we would love to assist! We have some steps we'd like for you to try that has helped people with Link performance issues before, please attempt a repair on the Oculus PC software and reset your graphics preference settings! Steps for repairing your Oculus PC software will be below:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Steps for resetting your graphics preference settings are below:

1. Open the Oculus app on your Computer.
  2. Click Devices on the left side of the app.
  3. Click Quest and Touch.
  4. Click Graphics Preferences.
  5. Click Reset to default.
  6. Click Save and Restart

We hope this works! If not, please reach out to us via our Contact Us page where we will be able to take a deeper look into what could be causing the fisheye zoom to happen and provide you with more troubleshooting steps! When submitting your support ticket, please let our agent know what steps you have already taken as well as your PC's specification! We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

rhymerdude
Explorer

Yep i just faced the same issue today. Was playing a PCVR game via Oculus Link (USB 3) and bam, the screen suddenly zooms in and everything looks like a fish-eye lens which is very dizzying. I had to restart the headset and everything's back to normal (but the fisheye lens zoom bug returns after a while again)...

I'm having the same issue, its only happening in oculus app, not over virtual desktop.
I reststarted my PC and it worked fine for about 10 minutes, then again, it went into fisheye zoomed in.

elijah4100773
Honored Guest

i have same issue, do you guys find any solutions?

Hey there, elijah4100773! We noticed you were also having the same fisheye view issue as others, and we know that can be a bit discomforting. No worries, we're more than glad to help out! 

We do want to ask if you noticed your headset heating up while playing with Link at all? This has been found to be a potential cause behind the display issue you would be experiencing. 

We also would like to advise gathering your Oculus logs with the steps right below:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Once you've gathered your ZIP file, we advise you to reach out to us with that through the link here so that we can provide some further assistance! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mine is doing the exact same thing. How do I fix it?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?