cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots incorrectly named "VR Metacam Quest"

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

I frequently take screenshots on my Quest 2 by simultaneously pressing the Universal Menu button (aka Oculus button) and a Trigger button. Up until recently, the screenshots have always been named based on the app I took them in.

But since about a week ago, about half of the time the screenshots are now named "VR Metacam Quest" instead of using the app name. And today, one of my screenshots was just named "Home".

Also, there has always been a sound effect whenever I took a screenshot. Since this issue started happening there is also a new sound effect — first the original sound plays, immediately followed by the new sound effect,  which sounds like a camera shutter.

Here is an example of two screenshots taken within a few seconds of each other. The thumbnail on the left has the name of the app, "REAKT Performance Trainer". The thumbnail on the right is named "VR Metacam Quest".

I assume this is some kind of bug. Has anyone else had this problem?

com.oculus.vrshell-20240405-091229_crop.jpg

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
4 REPLIES 4

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

Here's another screenshot showing how three screenshots I took of the same screen got named in three different ways. From left to right:

1. Synth Riders
  2. HOME
  3. VR Metacam Quest

com.oculus.metacam-20240408-093521_crop.jpg

@MetaQuestSupport , are you able to confirm this behavior? Is it a bug?

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)

Hey there @deejeevee! It seems like you're having trouble with an incorrectly named screenshot on your Quest 2. No worries, we're here to help! Can you let us know when you first noticed this issue? Also, could you please tell us which version you're currently using? We're eager to chat with you and sort this out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

When I checked this morning, my headset was on version 63, and an update for version 64 was available:

com.oculus.metacam-20240409-084638_crop.jpg

The problem started about 3 to 4 weeks ago, so I'm guessing it started when I got the version 63 update.

So this morning I updated to version 64. Then I tried five screenshots, and all of them were named correctly.

I will keep testing, and if the problem happens again I will report it here.

Thanks 🙂

Greetings @deejeevee! Exciting glad to hear that you were able to resolve that matter. In the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us, so we can further assist. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?