cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary account for developer mode

JodieSummer
Honored Guest

Hi, I have the secondary account on our Meta Quest 2 headset. I want to upload reference images into Painting Vr app, and to do that apparently I need to use sidequest, with the developer mode turned on. I have never been able to pair the quest with my phone to able to do that, and I presumed that was because I was the secondary account holder. My son, who has the admin account, has signed out of his oculus app and I hoped that would mean that I could pair to the app on my phone, and that hasn't worked. I discovered there was another way to turn on the developer mode, using the MQDH, though again the headset will not pair (the serial number comes up, though there is just the spinning circle after I select it). I am using a mac and have used both the cable and bluetooth to try and pair, and the headset, mac and phone are all on the same wifi network. If you have any advice about how to switch on the developer mode on a secondary account I would really appreciate it! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey friend-o! We would like to inform you that Apple computers are not compatible with Meta VR devices and that using SideQuest will void the device warranty. We believe this issue is best taken up with our Developer Forums, which you can find here .

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey friend-o! We would like to inform you that Apple computers are not compatible with Meta VR devices and that using SideQuest will void the device warranty. We believe this issue is best taken up with our Developer Forums, which you can find here .

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Where in metas documentation does it state, having sidequest voids the quest 2 warranty? How else are developers encouraged to try n create unity projects and make their own apps for the quest? We automatically void our warranty by contributing? 😕

Hey there, @UbetaPlay! We completely understand your concern about knowing what to do and what not to do in order to not void your warranty for the Meta Quest 2, and we'd like to point you in the right direction. We'll leave our warranty policy here, for you to check under the section of exclusions and you'll be able to find where it talks about third party software's.

Let us know if it helps.