cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor device error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Received the Oculus Rift yesterday and set it up today. Aargh. The third sensor doesn't work at all. When plugged in it shows a red hardware device error. I have tried it with and without the extension cable, have tried it in several different USB ports, USB2 and USB3. Have tried all suggestions in support section but still not working. HELP.
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you swap the sensor that doesn't work with another one that does work (meaning on the same USB port) does that help? If not, and you still get the error, it's most likely there is something wrong with that one particular sensor and it may need replacement. Please submit a support ticket for more assistance. https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I have tried it in a USB port where the other 2 sensors work and, following your advice, have now raised a ticket. Have a great day 🙂
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?