cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor fails to detect headset

stfj
Honored Guest
-Everything is plugged in properly (got the check mark next to everything in the setup app)

-On the initial 'firmware update step' it said the firmware update on the sensor failed, and to unplug and replug it.
(This I suspect was because I had initially plugged the sensor into a usb2.0 hub)

-After replugging the setup app went immediately to the next step, making me assume that it did not update the firmware.

-When I reached the detect the headset with the sensor step, it failed. I went to get help, and the only way to update the firmware was to click the gear in the upper right, which doesnt exist until after you get out of the initial setup wizard.

-So I tried to get through it, (skip this step), but now I'm stuck at the standing test, I can't go back and I can't go forward. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the whole app, but that kept my configuration file.

Where is the config file located so I can delete it? or is there a better way to go backwards or forwards so that I can properly update the firmware on the sensor to make it work?

Thanks so much.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, except I never got a prompt to update the sensor, only the remote. If anyone has any solution please post. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, figured it out. Go to appdata in windows and delete the oculus folders in Local and Roaming. Remember to uninstall Oculus Setup. It worked for me. 

stfj
Honored Guest
you are amazing. thanks so much cpaek72!

cybereality
Grand Champion
So it seems you may have better success placing the sensor lower, pointing up rather than pointing down. Also, can you two confirm that everything is working now after deleting AppData and running the setup a second time? Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV