cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor issue

JTec
Honored Guest
Hi, I'm having some serious issues with my oculus rift. I have reinstalled the software already several times, and it always seems to work perfectly for one day and the next day it doesn't.

The problem now is that the sensor doesn't track(the light is just off). Everything is plugged in right, the computer (Alienware 17) is detecting everything just fine (checked it in the device manager as well as via Oculus Home). I'm working with an external Alienware graphics amplifier (graphics card GTX 1070) with HDMI port and 0.3 USB ports. I have already plugged in the sensor in different USB drivers. the light activated for one second, but then it lost connection overall.

Please HELP

Thanks,
Laura
7 REPLIES 7

thealgorithm
Protege
Try removing other USB powered devices from your computer and keep only the Sensor and Rift plugged into USB.  Could perhaps be a powerload issue? 

JTec
Honored Guest
The only thing that is plugged into the USB is the rift and sensor. Even the rift is plugged into the external graphics amplifier, and this has its own power supply... I have already rebooted the computer several times.

thealgorithm
Protege

You can try this tool   http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices.

Remove the rift and sensor and run usbdview and uninstall old usb devices that were previously used and then reconnect again. 

JTec
Honored Guest
I don't think that the USB is the problem. When I connect a controller to the same USB port, it's working fine...

Spyrde
Protege
Controller or other devices have way lower requirements than rift or sensors, if a usb port works with another device that doesn't necessarily mean that it works correctly with sensors. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having similar issues, one day it will work and the next it won't. It is only happening to one sensor, however. I keep getting a "poor tracking quality (-8603)" when I go into reset sensor tracking. That number changes sometimes when I switch USB ports

Bruno_BGP
Explorer
My sistem can't find my sensor anymore. Doesn't matter wich USB port I plug it.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?