cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent in CV1 for repair. Should I expect another CV1 or something else?

CombatMeeps
Honored Guest
Sent my CV1 for the very first time for repair. For those with support experience, did you receive your same unit back or a different one altogether? Was also wondering if I ended up getting something different instead (Rift S), would they give me all the pieces that go with it? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Netheri
Rising Star
Most propably you'll get different refurbished CV1. What's great about that; if you didn't send the cable with the faulty unit (they don't require you to send it) you'll get spare CV1 cable, which is hard to find these days if it gets broken.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey CombatMeeps, you would be receiving back a different Oculus Rift headset. You wouldn't receive your same device (outside of an accidental return from our logistics team), nor will you receive a replacement Quest or Rift S. Any further questions regarding your replacement are welcome in a follow-up ticket as well. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!