cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Meta Quest 2 Issue

Toastie213
Honored Guest

It has been a while since I cranked up my Oculus. I remove the "dust," charged it on Saturday, did the updates yesterday, and synched it to the app on my phone.

I have been trying to purchase FitXR ever since yesterday but every time it gives me the "It looks like you haven’t yet set up your Meta Quest 2, which you need for FitXR" message. I can see the headset and controllers are connected in the app so I don't think synching is the issue.

I see other folks with the same problem. I've tried the solutions offered in the other replies but I am not getting anywhere. The only thing I have not tried is setting the Oculus back to the factory default settings. Is this my only option right now? I'd appreciate a little help here.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Toastie213! We'd like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware that some of our users have been experiencing difficulties when attempting to make an online transaction. Please report this issue so that our engineering team can begin looking for a solution. We'll put the instructions below so you may report it as a bug. Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues; we'll be pleased to assist you.

To report a bug from your headset:

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Report problem.
  4. Follow the instructions to submit your bug report.

To report a bug from the Meta Quest mobile app:

1. Shake your phone until the Report a problem screen appears.
  2. Tap Something Isn't Working.
  3. Follow the instructions to submit your bug report.

Please let us know how it goes so we can determine if any additional steps are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I had to report from the headset; I got tired of shaking the phone and the "Report a problem" screen never appeared. This is a shame because this is my very first attempt at a purchase/subscription. I attempted another purchase and I was able to get to the payment screen without any problems so the issue is with this particular app which is the only one I'm interested in subscribing to right now.

I have also been in contact with Meta Support and they are forwarding the case to the specialized team. 

I've already tried the following:

• Factory reset
  • Purchasing on the web
  • Changing the credit card
  • Ensured I am logged in the correct Meta account
  • Disabled VPN
  • Turned off wifi on phone
  • Cleared cache and cookies on the browser
  • Deleted and reinstalled the Meta Quest app
  • Contacted developer (received a bot reply thanking me for reporting)

I'm willing to try something else you may suggest.

Hello there! Thank you for providing all of the troubleshooting steps you took to try to resolve this issue. We checked your open support request and it appears that it has been escalated to our Tier 2 team. As a result, we urge that you keep an eye on your email address or spam folder for further instructions. Please let us know if you require any additional support, we will be happy to continue assisting you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Howdy there! We're reaching back to let you know if you have any other doubts or concerns, and we'll be more than delighted to continue assisting you.