cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe Controller Drift

UQX
Honored Guest

Hello Meta/Oculus forums. My left controller started drifting after like 16-20 hours of play after I first got the Quest 2. I got it around March 31st, and I started using it on April 1st. I have tried blowing into the stick socket and taking the battery out for 30 minutes. Wondering if there are any long-term fixes/permanent fixes to this issue.

Thanks,

UQX

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there UQX! Welcome to the VR family! Controller drift can definitely be a hinderance to your gaming experience, we'd love to get this sorted out and get you back in the game.

Here are a couple troubleshooting steps you can try out:

• Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable.
    Go to Settings
    Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    Select Controllers in the left menu
    Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks dead zones
  • Unpair and re-pair the controller. Here are the steps to do so

Let us know if this helps! If not, our support team is always available to assist you further. You can reach us here!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Setting a deadzone just temporarily masks the issue and makes your joystick less responsive. Since it's presumably under warranty, have support replace it. The joystick module can be replaced but if you are still under warranty there's no point.

Hello! I have tried these now, and they did not really work.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Since the troubleshooting provided with joystick drift was unable to assist, we suggest submitting a ticket to the Support Team. We want to have you back in the VR universe which is why we want you to get connected with one of our agents! They'll be able to provide further troubleshooting steps as well as look into other possibilities for the controller.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?