cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in on Q2 with oculus AC?

plamoth
Explorer

I had a quest 1 with an oculus account attached. I've never had a FB account. If i buy a quest 2, can i sign in/set up with my old oculus account without a FB account?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! Great question! At the current moment, a Facebook account linked to your Oculus account is required in order to get functionality out of the Quest 2. Previous generations such as the Quest 1, Rift, and Rift S are going to be able to use an Oculus account without a Facebook account until January of 2023. Not having a Facebook account linked to your Oculus account will prevent you from accessing updated features as well as social content. Follow the link here: https://ocul.us/3Jics8i to find out more about Facebook account requirements and other Facebook/Oculus account information. We hope this helps, best wishes! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for the reply. It's a shame as i sold my quest 1 to perhaps upgrade to a quest 2. However, having to create a facebook account to play games with some friends doesn't entice me to buy a quest 2.

Thanks for your time.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?