cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smudge on the inside of my right lens

Droneit1969
Explorer

I noticed a smudge on my left lens a few weeks ago. I have been unable to resolve this issue.  I have prescription lenses, so the lens is protected. Also I play Inside so no sun damage.  How can I fix this? Or is my headset done?

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Droneit1969! We understand how nagging a smudged lens can be and we'd love to assist you in resolving this issue. For clarity, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

1. Is it the right lens or left lens?
  2. What have you already tried to resolve the issue?
  3. Has the device been dropped or damaged?

Please send us a picture of the smudged lens as well. We look forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I know that I said right lens. However it is my left. The only solution that I got was to take my headset back to the store that I got them at 

Hello again, @Droneit1969! Thank you for clarifying which lens is having the issue. We know how important it is to be able to see your applications clearly, so we want to get this resolved! Let's work together to get to the bottom of this!

It seems that we still need a little more information. Can you please providing the following information:

• Has the device been dropped or damaged?
    • For example, had any liquid spilled on it?
  • Does the smudge appear all of the time, or is it only in specific situations?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue? If so, please list what you have done.
    • For example, have you tried cleaning it? If it only appears in certain apps, have you tried restarting the app?
  • Please provide a picture of the smudge

We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! We'd love to help you experience VR clearly once more! Please get back to us with the information we've requested, or let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

leslie_sue
Honored Guest

I have the same problem with my Meta Quest 2 headset.  I am on my 2nd headset and there are smudges inside the lens that can't be wiped off.  It is very annoying and makes it hard to focus on almost anything.  I contacted Meta Quest and they said it was out of warranty so too bad.

Hey there @leslie_sue! We can empathize with you in this scenario of having smudges on now a second headset. You may have already tried this, but a microfiber cloth should be able to remove smudges. We also know being out of warranty can be stressful as well in these situations. Please get back to us about whether or not the microfiber cloth works. We look forward to your reply and exploring all possible next steps!

No, the smudge is under the lens on the inside of the headset in a place I cannot get to without disassembling the headset.  I have no idea how this would happen.  I clean the part of the lens that I can reach - the part that's facing me - with a microfiber cloth.  I cannot clean underneath the lens.  It's awful and is really distracting when trying to play games.

We know this is greatly impacting your ability to enjoy your headset and we want to make sure we explore every possible resolution. Has there been any incident where something could've touched that side of the lens? When did you first notice the smudge?

how would I touch the inside of the lens?? The smudges are on the glass INSIDE the headset.  There's no way possible I could touch anything inside the headset without taking the headset completely apart.  No.  I did not do that.  I noticed it within a few months of receiving this replacement headset that was sent to me because my original headset had the same smudges.  But the ones on this one are worse.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?