cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Social Platform Keeps Stopping

Cosmilk
Explorer

There is a pop up that continues to come up that states "Social Platform Keeps Stopping" and gives 2 selection options, "App Info" or "Close App". Both choices just bring the screen pop-up back up, not allowing any form of closing or system access.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

EDIT: Hey everyone, I'm really eager in trying to get this into the hands of the right people to get this resolved but to make things go a bit quicker I recommend everyone to make bug reports so the right people can see it and reach out to the support team through tickets

This way they can get to working on it even quicker! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

143 REPLIES 143

VirtualPromise04
Honored Guest

Hello Meta Community.  I have been struggling setting up 10 Oculus Quest 2 units and have been stuck in an endless loop. Between the units crashing because of an endless notification of "SocialPlatform Keeps Stopping", then going to a Factory Reset and then getting "Software Updated Required" on the Oculus App.  

I think during the Factory Reset it is skipping Update 1 of 1 (possibly).  The reason for this is I purchased an 11th unit at retail today and Update 1 of 1 took a long while, whereas after a Factory Reset (after entering in your wifi and rebooting), the screen shows up with a quick "Updating 2 of 2".

After that the crashes begin with "SocialPlatform Keeps Stopping" and the app stating the Headset needs and update.  We tried a Side Load and kept getting the same issue.  The new unit purchased today (8/28/22) works fine.

I do not wish this on anyone.

Response from Support

Meta Issue.JPG

same problem - its been 3 days now!

Same issue here - did you ever find a resolution to this @lebraeu ?

Same issue here ... for about a month I'm struggling with Oculus 1 ... even to charge it is a challenge ( it won't even stay ON ... once connected on charger ... it starts a "mad" 50secs of charging (orange light) + sudden reboot + repeat (for few hours) ... until light gets green ... then it freezes dead .. until i force reboot it ... + usually it won't even turn on when plugged in ) ... and once charged ... after about 10 reboots / + few factory resets ... I managed to make it working again ...

Yesterday it worked OK'ish ...
and today after few times of "white screen of death" ... it booted ... but now it's stuck in an endless "SocialPlatform Keeps Stopping" pop-up ...

I was planning to upgrade to Quest 2 or PRO ... but after going through these issues ... I think my next one won't be a Meta product   😞

Hey there @Santino_RDLD. Not being able to use your device the way it was intended isn't fun and we understand how having a Quest 1 not work properly can be inconvenient as well. But fear not as we are ready to help as best we can.

Are you able to provide a screen shot of the pop-up message and able to provide pictures of your charging wire/adapter/port?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there,
I have managed to resolve the "SocialPlatform Keeps Stopping " ... by yet another factory reset from boot loader. - then it worked OK again.

I didn't manage to get a screenshot of the error, but it looked exactly like this one, except for the mssg was " SocialPlatform Keeps Stopping " ... and after clicking it away ( noting on app info ) > I kept on getting back to 2-3 secs of 'setup your guardian' .. and back to the error mssg .. endless loop

Santino_RDLD_0-1668802714949.png

I have recorded few videos that mostly sum the issues I'm having ... witch just plain charging + trying to turn it on.

the device hardy boots up (normally) ... most of the time I get only loop of meta Logo > white screen for 15secs ... reboot ... and back to Meta logo ( I can only stop the loop via bootloader > power off )
video : https://youtu.be/b0h-2agnlps
even after bootloader > no luck > same loop

now .. when the device is OFF ... it won't even start charging ( no light on ) ... I have to force the bootloader on > to at least initiate the charging light ( orange on ) ...
video: https://youtu.be/4gEdslUe8BE

Once the charging starts ... seems to trigger a "strange charging cycle" of : about 50secs of orange charging light > reboot (white light flashes : meta logo ) > and back to 50secs of orange light loop
video : https://youtu.be/tkI9OGatmD4

this is how I'm able to charge it ... by the time I get the green light ( in approx 1.5-2 hrs ) the device is "frozen dead - won't turn on" and I need to go again via boot loader to bring it back to life . ( quite often ending in the white screen + logo loop again )

What seems to make a difference > is different combinations of > starting from bootloader with / or (and) without charging cable plugged ... different chargers tested ... sometimes I just give up after 10-15 x different re-tries ... Sometimes it helps to power off & regular turn on ... sometimes I have to hold power button for 20-30secs ... and then it boots up ... once it made a difference that I plugged it on USB3 PC link cable ... and then it boots up & seems to run fine again ...

Unfortunately I can't take the headset (temporarily) off with the charge cable connected > because then it goes back to > 50secs charging + reboot loop ... ( I just tested it without cable .... same from "lobby" take headset off ... put it on again after 20secs .... Meta logo > booting up again )

I have also tested few different chargers & cables ( my initial thought was the cable must be broken or something so already exchanged C-C cable )

+ also img of charging port : didn't notice any damageP_20221118_204643.jpg

Thanks for being proactive in your troubleshooting and giving us very detailed context. It is clear that the caliber of this issue requires a more personal and involved correspondence. We ask that you get in touch with our chat support team so they can help you out with this more thoroughly. Click this link to connect with a support agent: https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The game won’t play and it stating that social platform keeps stopping