cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Solution) for Meta Quest 2/3 Air Link Reconnection Issue After Reboot

Eliminater74
Protege

Hey everyone,

I recently ran into a frustrating issue with my Meta Quest 2 and Quest 3 headsets regarding Air Link. Every time I rebooted my headset or PC, I had to re-pair the device to my PC for PCVR. This was really annoying, and I saw many others facing the same problem. After some trial and error, I found a solution that worked for me, and I hope it helps you too.

### Problem:
After setting up Air Link and pairing your Meta Quest headset with your PC, you should be able to reconnect without re-pairing every time you reboot your headset or PC. However, many users, including myself, experienced an issue where the headset needed to be re-paired every time.

### Solution:
After trying different solutions, including reinstalling Windows 11 Pro (which did not help), I found that a factory reset of the headset solved the issue. Here’s a step-by-step guide on what worked for me:

1. **Back Up Important Data**: Before you start, make sure to back up any important data or settings from your headset, as a factory reset will erase everything.

2. **Factory Reset Your Meta Quest Headset**:
- Turn off your headset.
- Hold down the **Power** and **Volume Down** buttons on your headset until the boot menu appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Factory Reset” option and press the power button to select it.
- Confirm the reset when prompted.

3. **Set Up Your Headset Again**: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your headset from scratch.

4. **Pair Your Headset with Your PC**: Once your headset is set up, pair it with your PC using Air Link as you normally would.

After doing this, my headset stayed paired with my PC even after rebooting both the headset and the PC. I no longer need to re-pair the device each time, and everything works perfectly now.

I hope this helps others facing the same issue. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Best,
Eliminater74

0 REPLIES 0
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?