cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for No HDMI connection

Zechs2205
Explorer

Guys, this happened to me. I turned on the pc wanted to play some games, but it says connection not detected, or connect HDMI or something like that. I tried looking online but forums go on and on with no fix, spend hours and the solution was so frustratingly simple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------The Cause/Problem-----------------------------------------------------------------
Is a pull on the HDMI cable, that caused it to 'disconnect' the rift.
------------------------------------------------------------------------Solution------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, disonnect the rift completely. You see the cable of the rift. The part where its connected to the headset(in the top of the left side of the rift), just push it in(you can hear a click) then reconnected the cable(USB and HDMI).

I hope this helps.
8 REPLIES 8

opjose
Honored Guest

Perfect!

That solved the problems I was having.

Dfinni
Honored Guest
Thank you very much, solved my issue.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Yes, it the obvious thing to try first because the message is basically telling you it's disconnected. None the less it leaves some people confused who aren't familiar with computers..

kojack
MVP
MVP
Well, the plug on the rift is hidden, most people probably don't realise there's even a plug there and assume it's a fixed cable like the DK1. So it's not just a non computer familiarity thing, it does look like there's only one end to worry about being connected.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@kojack - Then maybe Oculus should send the CV1 to their customers without the Hdmi already connected. It would save a lot of support tickets going to Oculus Support and them having to respond to such an easy fix..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would also help if the cables didn't tangle as much as they do. One solution is to press in the HDMI, the other is reconnecting the plugs at the back of the computer. Another one, something Oculus themselves have to do, is make sure the cables don't tangle because people are even forced to buy tubing for it to prevent it from tangling on in itself. They need to invest in making braided cables or just better quality anti-tangling ones. You can only stretch it out for so long until it starts cracking and shorting out. 

I"m constantly getting the 'No HDMI Connection' error on just about anything now.

Tigertamer3
Honored Guest
This was one of the first things I tried. The orange LED above the lenses is working but not turning whita as usual when putting the HMD on. I checked on the HDMI port on the computer several times and even commected it to another device to make sure it is working properly.
If you are pulling on the cable hard enough to disconnect it at the HMD, you are way too enthusiastic when playing your games. The main problem with the cable is that as you turn around in game play, you turn in one direction more than the other (CCW vs CW). this causes the cable to rwist which can cause the small wires inside to break. That could cause  the connection to fail. Lastly, check your cable for dings or cuts that might indicate broken wires. Solution; spend $50 for a new cable from Oculus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are pulling on the cable hard enough to disconnect it at the HMD, you are way too enthusiastic when playing your games. 

Or Oculus cables just simply love tangling on their own. You can search this up with other people seeing it tangle on its own. I tried suggesting time and again for them to invest in cables which do not tangle easily. It gets worse. Check out Reddit threads & threads from within this forum via a Google search. You'll find a lot of cases. 
6pkwednsybuk.jpg