cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Installation Completed but "Oculus" will not open.

Adam_Crum
Honored Guest
Oculus Setup [apparently] ran without issue and installed everything.

Double clicked the Oculus icon, nothing happens. Right click and hit "Run as administrator" nothing. No runtime errors, no popups at all. I've repaired the installation, I've reinstalled, and I've restarted my computer.

Nothing.

Running Win 10 Education, 64 bit, version 10.0.10240 Build 10240.
i7-6700k, R9 390x.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Win 10 build was out of date, and because it is an Education edition regular Microsoft support couldn't update it for me. I used this website https://techjourney.net/windows-7-8-1-10-iso-official-direct-download-links-from-microsoft-tech-benc...  and it works perfectly now.
55 REPLIES 55

MagnusFurcifer
Honored Guest
Hmm I haven't tried SteamVR, I'll give that a crack.

I noticed some stuff about drivers for things I don't use any more in one of the diagnostic logs and so I went through and cleaned out old AMD drivers (I used to have a R9270x before my GTX970), and some other old ones with pnputil and ran through the installer again. No joy 😞

Edit: Exact same experience. Calibration appears to work in Steam VR, head tracking works, but no display.

Same service errors with headset plugged in:
[Service_2016-03-31_18.24.19.txt] 18:31:04.231 {!ERROR!} [OAF ERROR] LifeCycle\LifeCycleAppTracker.cpp(123) : App exited unexpectedly: oculus-client (1971039)
[Service_2016-03-31_18.24.19.txt] 18:31:05.793 {!ERROR!} [OAF ERROR] os\file.cpp(593) : The parameter is incorrect.:  (1971052)
[Service_2016-03-31_18.24.19.txt] 18:31:05.793 {!ERROR!} [ApplicationPackage] WaitForProcess failed: The parameter is incorrect.:  (1971052)
[Service_2016-03-31_18.24.19.txt] 18:31:05.793 {!ERROR!} [OAF ERROR] LifeCycle\LifeCycleAppTracker.cpp(123) : App exited unexpectedly: oculus-client (1971039)
[Service_2016-03-31_18.24.19.txt] 18:33:08.987 {!ERROR!} [HW:Health] [HMD::setLEDMode] Failed to match trackingSettings.

MagnusFurcifer
Honored Guest
As a last ditch I did a full uninstall, deleted all the Oculus related folders from program files and appdata and did a reinstall using a freshly downloaded copy of the installer and still no joy 😞

If anyone else has this issue and is looking for more information I've also created a post on the Oculus subreddit to see if anyone over there has experienced this issue previously and has any ideas of a fix.

akrieger
Explorer
@MagnusFurcifer can you look at logs at C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Oculus\OculusClientError-*.txt and maybe upload a few? It sounds like the client is launching, is connecting to the service, but is then crashing quickly.

SGK3
Honored Guest
Just chiming in since @MagnusFurcifer have similar issues... 

I have two folders in C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\... Oculus and OculusClient and neither have OculusClientError files. 

MagnusFurcifer
Honored Guest
@akrieger Same deal as @SGK3.

Both folders exist, OculusCient is empty, and oculus folder has a "sessions/_oaf" folder that contains some sqlite files.

akrieger
Explorer
Hm, ok. Thanks for the info. I'll keep digging into it and hopefully have more info or more questions tomorrow.

Astralirish
Honored Guest
I Had similar issue when I was running anti virus software, I removed the software and everything works great now.

MagnusFurcifer
Honored Guest
I ended up rebuilding my rig with Windows 10 and now everything is working fine 😞

I guess that confirms it is something related to computer and not the HMD. I wonder if there is a dependancy on a kb that pro/enterprise 8.1 doesn't get?

SGK3
Honored Guest
Ha ha, I resorted to the nuclear option last night too. A clean install of Win10 solved my problem 😐 . Not the resolution I was hoping for, but after I get everything else moved over and installed I can finally move on with my life.  

The new Home UI is beautiful.

akrieger
Explorer
Thanks all! Glad that it was resolved.