cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong during authentication. Please try again later message in the oculus store

ziocuzyes
Honored Guest

So I wanted to see if I could buy the game "Drunkn Bar Fight" on the Quest platform. But when I do so, It comes up with an error message along the lines of "Something went wrong during authentication. Please try again later." and I did it on everything. Quest 2, PC, App, Web Browser and it just won't work. Get back ASAP please.

Thanks, Zach (Zachthememeking).

4 REPLIES 4

PawSix
Explorer

I'm getting the same problem in the same places. Did you find a solution?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, Zach!

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue when trying to make a purchase in the Oculus Store. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, and we have a few more suggestions that may help resolve this issue for you:

• Check and make sure that your payment method and billing information are listed correctly on your account.
  • Try using different combinations of your area/zip code.
  • Check to see if the financial institution placed any restrictions on the specific payment method being used.
  • Try using a different payment method to make the purchase.

If you are still experiencing an issue with making a purchase on the Oculus Store, please contact us back by sending us a Private Message, so we can get to the bottom of this. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem, I followed the steps and finally on monday I wrote a DM to Oculus Support, but I have no response...

Hello, Zuhaitza!

We see that you are experiencing an issue with making a purchase on the Oculus Store due to receiving an error that says something went wrong during authentication. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have tried already to resolve this issue and reaching out to us via PM for further assistance. We apologize that you have not received a response there yet. You can also submit a support ticket to us here for further assistance. Please make sure that you include the email address associated with your Oculus account, the platform or platforms that you have tried making a purchase on, and the payment method that you are using in your message or email to us. 

In the meantime, you can also try these troubleshooting steps to see if they help with resolving this issue:

• Try using a different network connection type or location
  • Restart the device, or use another device to make the purchase
  • If using a web browser, try using another browser or use the Oculus App

If the above steps do not resolve this issue, please reach out to us for further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?