cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooo, I came across this Samsung Press release

leftler
Protege
I came across quote from a press release from Samsung (Emphasis in the quote is mine)

As the Gear VR grows in popularity, Samsung is prioritizing the smooth integration of the web browsing experience between devices. Whether on a Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy TabPro S or Gear VR, web browsing should feel consistent and continuous.

With the Samsung Internet 4.0 able to interact seamlessly on mobile devices and the Gear VR, it will be easier than ever for anyone to enjoy the immersive experience of virtual reality. Users can share bookmarks and video history between the Gear VR and Galaxy phones and tablets, for added convenience, whatever device they choose to use.

They are talking about the Samsung Internet Beta app, right? A enjoyable immersive experience?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never browse the internet on VR, would be nice to check your FB of WhatsApp messages from inside an other app tough

darkangel6415
Explorer
I wish it had flash support so I can play forge of empires on Internet for Gear VR

scottmc87
Explorer
This had me in tears. The internet app is SOOOOOOOOOOO pointless.
Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz. DK2 (Owned) CV1 (Pre-Ordered) Vive (Pre-Ordered)

darkangel6415
Explorer
"scottmc87" wrote:

I just need flash support so I can play forge of empires on the headset lol

Ashles
Protege
"scottmc87" wrote:

Easy way to play YouTube 360 videos on the Gear VR.
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

hodgehog
Explorer
second that - it's good for just diving into youtube and watching 360 videos.

munkondi
Explorer
Can't believe some people, the Samsung Internet App is by far the best app on the device!!!
Apart from the obvious YouTube and countless other video sites, you can pretty much do anything on it if you get Emby installed.
Also the fact it works with voice recognition is a game changer.

"hodgehog" wrote:
second that - it's good for just diving into youtube and watching 360 videos.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just cant find how to view 360 Videos in that app.

I totaly HATE using the App because:

1. Its lagging like hell on my Note 4. Need to tap stuff 5 times before there is any reaction.
2. The window is far too small for normal browsing when regular websites are 2 or 3 times as wide as the window and I need a slider for horizontal scrolling. :?

and of course, I hear it all the time "360 Videos" .... but I cant find em. Of course clicking stuff while a youtube vid plays means 10-15 times clicking before any reaction shows up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

7-Music-Press-Release-Template.png