cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spent so many days trying to get my Quest 2 to work after this Meta ac creation BS

MrMC1.eth
Honored Guest

What a mess! Could not get my Quest 2 to work anymore. Kept trying to get me to create a Meta Account. When I try to create a Meta Account the Oculus account log in does not work as I had linked it to Facebook. The Facebook ac did not work as it says no VR tied to it. Just crazy! Then I use a new email... But it does not allow me to setup my device. All the options I see are to buy a new device. Then the Quest 2 gives me a code and a link. When I type that link on a browser there is no option to enter the code... so clearly the link is Bad. Guys - why not just make it fudging simple to log in with one device and one ID instead of trying to link all the fudging social media accounts before you even get into the account. You guys suck at keeping it simple. How can you onboard billions if you make it so hard for the early adopters to use it. Learn the Amazon way chaps - its called One Click

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MrMC1.eth. We know losing access to your account isn't an ideal situation to be in, so we'd be more than happy to help.

We do want to share that some users have reported creating a new account instead of logging in with the existing information, which could be the case here. In order to provide the proper assistance, we will require some sensitive information. Please click our name, then tap "Send a message" to Private Message us. 

We'll see you on the other side! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!