cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Trek Bridge Crew & Ubisoft account linking Oculus Quest

DJ-DAMO1987
Explorer
Hello

Me and my friend have just purchased a quest each, downloaded and installed Star Trek Bridge Crew.
When trying to link into ubisoft we are both getting "unsupported post Request"

He has not had this game before but i have on PSVR (still do) and i have connected via link cable so my PC can run it ( though i cant play it as i need a new graphics card! ) and that has linked to my uplay account, although ive got to start again as ensign!
but as standalone on our quests its coming up with that error.

Can you help please

His Username is CDRE-JACK
44 REPLIES 44

Robbiehw1980
Explorer
Yeah I finally managed to play it last night. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
No probs here .. all went on well so very happy 🙂

Rognyr
Honored Guest
I am now experiencing the same issue...just started a ticket

Cyberhawk9
Honored Guest
Same here. Started a ticket yesterday. No news yet, though. I'm sure they tested the procedure thoroughly before the Quest 2 launch, right...?

Alcaknight
Explorer
Bumping. I've been trying to play Bridge Crew for around three days without any success. Ubisoft support have absolutely no idea and they simply referred me back to Oculus. I bought the game straight from the digital store but when I try to link my oculus account to Ubisoft it gets stuck on an infinite loading loop. I contacted Oculus but I'm not sure if they've made any progress

DJ-DAMO1987
Explorer
Best way i resolved this was a live chat with ubisoft rather than a ticket. Might be your best way forward to get the issue resolved. 🙂 

Mullinsky
Honored Guest
I have talked to Ubisoft chat and got nowhere so far. The support person on the chat kept telling me to sign out of the Ubisoft App on my PC. I told him I am not on my PC and I am not signed into my App. He couldn't grasp that the Quest was not connected to the PC and kept insisting I make changes to my computer to resolve the issue. I then went to Facebook messenger to get Ubisoft Support and  here is how our conversation went....  

Apologies for the delay! Contact volumes have been higher than normal, and our team is working very hard as of late to contact everyone back as soon as they can. When you're trying to link your accounts, are you doing so on the Oculus Quest itself, or on a browser?

You sent

11 hours ago
I am on the Oculus Quest 2 itself. After I launch the game it says I need to link the account and to press a button. Once I press the button it opens a page on the oculus Web Browser that ask me to link my Oculus account with Ubisoft and there is a button to approve linking the accounts and a button to cancel. When I click the button to link the accounts it then opens a new web page that has a white background and the Ubisoft Logo pulsating. That's all I get. The logo just sits there and pulses but will not link the account. Apparently others are having the same issue since yesterday.

Ubisoft
sent

11 hours ago
Alright. Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. We are currently investigating this issue, and I do apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing. I'm not all that familiar with the Oculus Quest myself. Does it only have one web browsing option?

You sent

11 hours ago
Yes unfortunately it does. I even went in and disabled the pop blocker in hopes that it may have been preventing the Ubisoft page from loading properly ad it did not help.

Ubisoft
sent

10 hours ago
Alright. Thank you for letting me know! I'll be sure to remember that! As for this issue, would you be able to try starting your Oculus Quest 2, if you haven't already?

You Sent

10 hours ago
yes I have it running now

Ubisoft

sent

9 hours ago
Alright. And is it still not loading when you try to link accounts?

You sent

Ubisoft
sent

9 hourshours ago
Correct. It still will not allow me to link the accounts

ago
Alright. I'm sorry to hear that! I'm going to forward this to the relevant team for further investigation. I do apologize for the frustration this is causing!

SwordofWhedon
Honored Guest
I forwarded this thread as well as one on Reddit in my contacts with Support. I as well Tried  to see if Disabling pop up blockers might work, I momentarily thought it did. It definitely did not. There’s some kind of cookie or other key exchange that’s just failing to happen

Alcaknight
Explorer

I forwarded this thread as well as one on Reddit in my contacts with Support. I as well Tried  to see if Disabling pop up blockers might work, I momentarily thought it did. It definitely did not. There’s some kind of cookie or other key exchange that’s just failing to happen

Let us know if there's any updates from support. Just some confirmation that they're actually working on the issue and trying to fix it would be great. I have noticed that the game works on PC when playing it through the Oculus app. You can link your Ubisoft and Oculus accounts through there and it seems to run, but unfortunately it's still unplayable on the Quest.

I checked my account on Ubisoft's site and it confirmed that it was linked with Oculus, but even then I got hit with the same message demanding that I link accounts when booting it up on the Quest. This has also been an ongoing issue for months because I've seen a range of complaints from original Quest users.

SwordofWhedon
Honored Guest
I think that might actually be the root of the problem, a previously linked account and the quest version for some reason can’t deal with that