cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Custom App without Controller (Meta Quest 3)

hensoldt_dev0
Honored Guest

Since the newest Updates, I have the following issue; I want to use my custom App, but suddenly the Meta Quest 3 requires me to use the Controller, which i have disconnected. I want to use the MQ3 without Controllers. Hand- and Bodytracking is activated. 

I get the following Message Window: 

"Switch to controllers

Please pick up your controller and select Next to use this app"

I've only had this problem for a few days, before that I used the same app and never had this problem.
6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hensoldt_dev0. We see you are having difficulties with the app after your recent update. As we know how this is interfering with your gameplay, we would love to assist and see what we can do for you. We would like to ask a few questions to get a better idea of how we will proceed with things for you.

1. Please confirm that the app has been downloaded from a Meta platform. Side-loading and third-party platforms, such as Steam or SideQuest, are not supported by Meta Quest Support.
  2. Confirm that the app has been downloaded and installed on the headset.
  3. Are you able to launch other applications? 
  4. Does the problem occur with more than one app?
  5. When did this start? 
  6. Were any changes made?
  7. Is the Home Environment having any issues?

Once we hear back from you we can dive deeper into your issue. We appreciate your time and look forward to your response. Talk soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hensoldt_dev0. We just wanted to check in and see if you are still needing our assistance. Please reach back out and let us know. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hensoldt_dev0
Honored Guest

1. It is the App First Encounters from Meta.

2. The App is installed on the device

3. I can launch other applications

4. Also other Apps but not every App

5. It started a few days ago I dont know exactly when

6. No changes

7. No

I just dont use my Controllers and want to Start the App, but then I get the Message: "Switch to Controllers"

I know that Controllers are needed for this App, but I dont want to get this message. 

Hi @hensoldt_dev0. We appreciate you reaching back out with that information. We would like to suggest a few troubleshooting steps for you to give a try. Once you have done these steps, please update us with your results.

Again, please let us know how this goes, and if needed, we can proceed further towards a resolution. We appreciate your time and understanding; talk soon!

hensoldt_dev0
Honored Guest

I already tried all these steps. I think it is a configuration issue of the Meta Quest 3 OS. Like I already said this was not always the case. It is not a bug. Just the OS is forcing me to use the controller to start the application. Please find a Expert of the OS who can help me with this issue. I dont want to be forced to use your product in a certain way. 

Thank you for getting back to us and trying all of the troubleshooting steps that we recommended. Since you're reporting that this issue is happening across multiple applications after the most recent update and we've exhausted the troubleshooting available to us, we highly recommend reporting this issue to our developers so they can take a closer look and investigate. 

A bug can be reported from either your headset or the Meta Quest mobile app. Please check out our page here for the exact steps! Keep in mind that while bug reports are not guaranteed to receive a reply, they are very important and are always reviewed. Thank you so much for working with us on this! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?