cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam Link Audio not working with latest update

EmmaTorch
Explorer

As of the recent firmware update which was pushed through to me just today, I no longer have audio through Steam Link on the Quest Pro. It appears others are experiencing this issue as well. Quest 2 seems to be unaffected by it, I'm not sure about Quest 3.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/discussions/11/4357872852120876232/ 

I am hoping there will be a new update to resolve this issue soon? I'm not sure how to fix this.

62 REPLIES 62

EmmaTorch
Explorer
so I did the factory reset. And...ultimately it worked for a moment. Like it worked the first time. But I noticed the audio was quieter like when I first used Steam Link, I remembered I needed to reboot the headset to get it to fix the audio after running it once. When I did that, I was back to the no audio issue. So I'm assuming this issue specifically pertains to the latest firmware update v65.

For now, I guess I'll be using Airlink/Quest Link
or virtual desktop

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, @EmmaTorch! I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure out a work around for the audio issue your experiencing apart of v65. I will keep an eye out for more threads that are similar to this issue and potentially bring it up to our internal team who can look into fixing the issue. Thank you very much for bringing this to the forums and for details you've already provided. Your patience is greatly appreciated! Feel free to make another post if you run into any other issues as well!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

The issue is not resolved. It's just a temporary work around. I still hope there is a fix as Steam Link is my preferred method of PC tethered experience.

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @EmmaTorch! Having direct contact to your PCVR Steam library is quite convenient, so I get the concern of not getting complete functionality out the app. After looking into this with our internal team, we've found that the issue wasn't something that we added to our update that would've affected Steam Link, but rather that Steam Link hasn't updated their software to meet full compatibility to our new software version which is likely just affecting the Quest Pro. Our recommendation is to contact Steam Link Support to inform them of this occurrence so they can look into updating their software. I wish there was more that I could do here, so I hope that Steam Link Support is able to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

It worked before, why is it your software cannot be compatible when it was before the update? Are these things not tested prior to the firmware release? It would be better if y'all could communicate with each other instead of leaving it up to the community to do that when there are so many hoops we gotta jump through just to get a hold of someone that can actually do something.

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @EmmaTorch. I've gotten back in contact with the team and it appears they're working on this issue with Steam Link Support already. In no way was it something that Steam Link Support has done or intended, it was our update that caused this issue to occur. My apologies for the confusion, it was my misunderstanding that lead me to directing you to Steam Link Support. Please rest assured that the issue is being looked into by both teams. I will see if they have any more news for me in the coming days and will certainly let you know as soon as I hear back from them. Thank you again for your patience during this time!

No audio either. Good job Meta forcing people to use your crapy portal again. Thanks.

Reina_Rei
Honored Guest

I have the same problem and will be watching this forum hopefully with the fix.

Reina_Rei
Honored Guest

Also to expand upon this a bit further: I have a Quest Pro as well with the same problem after the firmware update, however my microphone still works? So just can't hear.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?