cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam VR not properly working

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Hi all, 
I got a problem with my Rift. Everything in Oculus Home runs fine, and games with Riftsupport in Steam also work well (Assetto Corsa, pCARS, Dirt Rally). But if I try to setup the roomscale in SteamVR, the program keeps telling me, there is noch VR-headset ready, although the little devicewindow in Steam VR shows all my stuff (Rift, Touchcontrollers, Sensors) in green up and running. 
Steam/Steam VR and Oculus are all installed on C: 
Any help would be much appreciated.d36ehyhovchv.png
9 REPLIES 9

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
This happens to me too when trying to set it up, but after I move my headset a little (sometimes more than a little, I usually pick it up and move it to where all my sensors can have a clear view of it) it recognizes it.

If the issue is still occurring after trying this little trick, I would recommend a reinstall of SteamVR.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Already tried all of this (but tried it again now, just to be sure) but still not recognizing my HMD in the roomsetup. 
And for the visibility, it didn´t even work, as I had just one sensor. 😞
But thanks for the reply. 
Hope there is some "magic", someone here knows, to bring this to life. (like for example the "hidden" driver for the sensor in the oculus installation files). 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have you opted in to the SteamVR beta or opted out in the preferences mate ? Try the other if you have/haven't. Hope that makes sense ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Sounded promising, since I had beta deactivated, but sadly didn´t solve my problem. 
So keep firing your ideas at me. 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
After activating the beta did you restart your pc and steam mate?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Kontonrfive
Explorer
When u move ur headset u have the thumb over the inner sensor of the HMD to prevent it from saving mode ?

BadDanME
Expert Protege
@Techy111: both restarted. 
@ Kontonrfive: not the thumb, but yes, it was covered. I´m seeing the grey "world" with the black lines and all sensors, if I look through it. 

Kontonrfive
Explorer
Möchte mal auf diesen link hinweisen als Versuch. Vielleicht hilfts... ?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/357284767255631750/

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Danke, hatte zwar schon gefühlt 1000 Topics im Steamforum angesehen, aber diesen vielversprechenden Tipp hatte ich noch nicht gesehen. Geht aber leider immer noch nicht. 

@all: still not working, so any other suggestions would be much appreciated