cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still wrong time zone

URU719
Honored Guest

After two factory resets, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and three "support" chats. My Time Zone is GMT and not EST. I had to do the first factory reset because of the 2037 year bug and since then I haven't been able to get the right time. Any advice? As an FYI, I have not traveled or changed time zones during this time. I have an iPhone 13 with the correct time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution by doing a factory reset from the app. I was doing it from my headset and it wasn’t working. If you do it from the phone it works fine.  Time is correct now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know how frustrating not having your time zone correct in your headset must be. Performing a factory reset should have corrected this issue, for sure. Since it did not, we ask that you please report this as a bug so our team can look into why this would be happening. We want to avoid this type of issue from ever happening again so our users like yourself only have to focus on enjoying VR. 🙏 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I found the solution by doing a factory reset from the app. I was doing it from my headset and it wasn’t working. If you do it from the phone it works fine.  Time is correct now. 

Resetting through the occulus app worked for me. I tried multiple times using the power button and the volume Down hard reset with no luck. 

Thank you! that worked for me as well! This is after factory resetting using the headset 3 times with no luck just like others.