cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen quest

amajew.2022
Honored Guest

Grandsons quest 2 has been stolen. Spoke to quest only advice they gave was to delete account, but surely if we delete the account all it will do is make it easier for whoever has stolen it to use it. There are no card payment details on the quest? Any advice appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there. We see that your device has been stolen and appreciate you reaching out to our support regarding this. We're saddened to hear that you're going through this and don't want any of our users to have to deal with this type of issue. As much as we want to change this we can only do so much and we strongly advise you to reach out to your local authorities and file a report for your device. 

We hope that this issue is able to be resolved as soon as possible!  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

We have reported it to local police. But I needed advice about if I should log out of the account and if so why as we do not really understand the risk of staying logged in as we have no bank details attached. And we thought if we stayed logged in that we may be able to see when the device is online. I feel very let down by the help and support offered by yourselves at this time when this is a new system that we do but have a lot of knowledge on. Surely the serial number is traceable by yourselves if a new user tries to log in and use it? Can you advise?  We have logged it as stolen on immobilise.

Hey @amajew.2022. I know how upset you must be. Nothing makes me more upset than something being stolen from me. I recommend logging out of the device to help protect your information. You can do this through the mobile app. 

Once you contact your local authorities, when they reach out to meta, they will be provided tools to help pursue your device. These are tools that support does not have access to. 

"The authority to search and disclose data that is specified with particularity must follow the appropriate legal process."  https://www.oculus.com/legal/privacy-policy 

I hope that helps clear things up for you. 

Cheers.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yes we are awaiting local police putting in a data access form. But I still think the product should have traceability like an iPhone does. It would make it a less more desirable product for thieves  to steal. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?