cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage shrinking on Oculus Go 32gb

Pascal80
Explorer
Last time I turned on free storage was 16.3 gb out of 23.1 gb which was a week ago. Today free space is 11.3 gb and I don't know why. I know you have to delete all media files and then reboot to take effect and I did that but still the same. I also checked from my PC and files are not there. I haven't installed any apps recently so why the 5gb reduction? 

And by the way has anything been done to have external storage options?
8 REPLIES 8

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you see if there is any difference between the space reported in the headset and when you connect to a PC?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pascal80
Explorer

Can you see if there is any difference between the space reported in the headset and when you connect to a PC?

It's the same on both.

Pascal80
Explorer
Today it's 4.2gb
i really don't get it. Is it downloading something? Where is the storage space going?

Pascal80
Explorer
I've uninstalled a lot of apps deleted movies and now I have 9.8gb (9.3gb shown on PC). 

I can see large files in the download folder totalling 9.76gb with the name (number).com.felixandpaul.gearvr.jwb. What are these. I don't remember downloading anything like this. Can I delete?

LZoltowski
Champion
felixandapul is a production company that does VR videos, did you watch any vr videos recently and selected download rather than stream?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Pascal80
Explorer

felixandapul is a production company that does VR videos, did you watch any vr videos recently and selected download rather than stream?

Not very recently but probably something from samsung videos in the last 2-3 weeks. Would they download now after I watched? In any case can I delete them?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Those files are for Jurassic World Blue. Can you try uninstalling that app through the normal means?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pascal80
Explorer

Those files are for Jurassic World Blue. Can you try uninstalling that app through the normal means?

I uninstalled today but the files are still there.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?