cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming / Casting: Ethernet to USB-C

Alex_Vngs
Honored Guest

Hey all. I recently got a quest 3 and have been attempting to stream gameplay via the cast to computer option. Overall it works fine, but I notice some dropped frames / jitters in my livestream. Could this be fix by hardwiring an Ethernet cable to my router and using a USB-C / Ethernet adapter to connect to my headset? 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Alex_Vngs, we understand you are having some issues casting your gameplay to your computer. Sharing your gameplay can be a very important part of any VR experience and we would love to look into this further and see what we can do to help!

While some connections such as an ethernet to USB may work, that is not officially supported and our information regarding such functionality is limited, we would love to know if you device to try it out! Otherwise, has it always worked like this as far as streaming quality? Or have you noticed the issues regarding your livestream starting more recently?

Setting up as close to your router as you can, and removing interfering devices can help a lot too! Mesh networks, nearby microwaves, and even some smart devices can cause some issues regarding stream/cast quality, we would recommend giving your router a quick restart and seeing how that goes. Let us know and we would love to review what we can!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?