cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck onboarding to Meta

topmind
Level 2

My Oculus Quest downloaded a firmware update this week. Since then it keeps asking me to connect to Meta. Problem is that I forgot my account that I used the first time, when I setup the oculus . Not even sure if I can still access the email address I used. In no way I can get to my account info on the oculus because the developers choose to block it with a window asking me to enroll in meta. This effectively bricks my oculus. Also, I bought games that are now inaccesible. How can I stop the enrollment process, look into my account info on the oculus and the enroll with the proper credentials?

Dear developers: why, oh why isn't there a 'close' button on the enrollment window?

please help!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

topmind
Level 2

Hey! Thanks for getting back at me. In the mean time, I have been able to continue the enrollment process after putting the oculus aside for a few days. Turns out that the oculus app had been replaced by the Meta app, but still contained my login details. The oculus app at first didn't help, but the meta app (after I updated my iphone) allowed me to login, recover my lost password through facebook, and then the rest of the enrollment process went like a breeze. Mayby it would be a good idea to remind people to update the app before attempting the enrollment.

Got access to the purchasd games, so I'm happy again.

cheers,

Eric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya Topmind! We definitely see how this can be a huge problem! We all hate losing access to an account, especially after investing time and money on it. Do not worry; we will make every effort to reinstate your access to that account.

In order to further investigate this, we will need to obtain some personal information from you. Please click here to write us a PM, or select our name to get to our profile page. Then, to contact us personally, click "Send a Message"! Please keep in mind that in order to send us a private message, you must first be signed into the community.

He Topmind! We're anxiously waiting to hear back if you got access to your account again! Please click here to write us a PM, or select our name to get to our profile page. Then, to contact us personally, click "Send a Message"! Please keep in mind that in order to send us a private message, you must first be signed into the community.

topmind
Level 2

Hey! Thanks for getting back at me. In the mean time, I have been able to continue the enrollment process after putting the oculus aside for a few days. Turns out that the oculus app had been replaced by the Meta app, but still contained my login details. The oculus app at first didn't help, but the meta app (after I updated my iphone) allowed me to login, recover my lost password through facebook, and then the rest of the enrollment process went like a breeze. Mayby it would be a good idea to remind people to update the app before attempting the enrollment.

Got access to the purchasd games, so I'm happy again.

cheers,

Eric