cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supervised account for 12 year old cannot get permission for PG rated games

FatsoThin
Explorer

I purchased Moss  for Quest 2 so my 12 year old son could play on his supervised account.

I have it installed under my account and shared on the device.

Game is PG, yet he is blocked from using, and there is no option to request permission. I check under supervision in the app, and review app is greyed out. I tried in family center, and find moss, and it says "not allowed", and clicking on "Review App" pops up "Unable to execute action". It really should not be this difficult.

I tried using his account to purchase, but it also just states "You can't access this app at the moment" as it is Parental Guidance. I found this is the same for anything rated over "G".
So I give up and try changing my sons birthdate to +1 year, and Meta does not allow that.

Seriously, the very definition of the "Parental Guidance" rating, is that as a parent, it is up to me to allow, not Meta. I have wated hours on this, and it looks like my only option is to delete the account and make a new one over age 13. Surly there is a way to fix this without deleting the account. The way it is, the whole supervised account thing is just unusable under 13.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FatsoThin
Explorer

I give up, as I have bashed my head against this brick wall until my head broke, and the wall stands firm.

The forum replies and my efforts with support just ignore the fact that parental supervision does not allow access to PG with parental guidance until age 13.

There is no way support will change this, so why would I waste any more time. I remain disappointed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FatsoThin
Explorer

No response to this. The PG permission is an issue Meta seem to not want to address.

I contacted support and directly and received numerous time responses that asked me to waste loads of time doing ridiculous checks on my system.

It is a global problem with parental controls, not a problem with my setup.

I advise Meta to take note. PG rating is up to the parent to guide the child. Meta should not be enforcing parental decision. 

Fix your system so people will not just bypass it and let the kids run free without supervision.

Hello @FatsoThin! We apologize for the delayed response. Your patience is appreciated! Ensuring the safety of our young users while they enjoy VR and all its features is of utmost importance to us. We understand your desire to resolve the issue your son is facing in playing a game, and we are more than willing to investigate your support ticket to provide assistance. However, please be aware that changing your son's birthday to an inaccurate date goes against our Terms Of Service, which could lead to the suspension or disabling of the account. Our main aim is to prevent this from happening. To explore possible solutions and help your son resume enjoying his Quest 2, please contact us via private message. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Some details are sensitive and we prioritize your privacy and safety. Once again, thank you for your patience. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! We wanted to check in and see if you are still in need of assistance. Our support team is the best resource to help with your son's account. We are here for you if you run into any issues with your support ticket. Please feel free to reach out if the need arises.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

FatsoThin
Explorer

I give up, as I have bashed my head against this brick wall until my head broke, and the wall stands firm.

The forum replies and my efforts with support just ignore the fact that parental supervision does not allow access to PG with parental guidance until age 13.

There is no way support will change this, so why would I waste any more time. I remain disappointed. 

Hi @FatsoThin! Thank you for sharing your recent experience trying to launch this application. We understand how important this game is to your child and we would love to help you keep playing. In order for us to do so, please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

Hi again, @FatsoThin! We just wanted to circle around and see if you still needed help with the supervised account issues you were having. If you still need assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us at any time! Have a great day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?