cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support has gone silent regarding my cable replacement

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
On May 2, I received my CV1 and it was defective.  After a lot of back and forth with support, I finally received a replacement on June 9th.  Unfortunately, the cable that came with the replacement is defective.

On June 17th, I was told "You can expect it to arrive within the next 3 to 5 business days.", regarding a new cable.  It's now July 11th and I still don't have a replacement cable.  My follow-up messages to support (on June 30th,  July 9th and today) have go unanswered.

@cybereality, can you poke the team to see what's going on?  It's over 2 months since I received my CV1 and I still don't have a fully functioning unit.
18 REPLIES 18

bo3b
Expert Protege
Please let us know if you receive it.  

They sent the same email to me, 

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for following up, I'm so sorry for the delayed response on our part.

We ran into a little delay but we've processed the new Rift cable for you to the address you provided. You can expect it to arrive within the next 3 to 5 business days.

Again, our apologies for the delay and missed communication on our part. Once you get your new cable, please give it a try and let us know how it goes, thanks!

Best,

Yvette
Oculus Support

That was on July 1, so obviously they just lied about it and closed the ticket. 

At this point, I've given up on Oculus completely, and I was one of the rabid Kickstarters, and also bought DK2.  They've turned me from one of their biggest proponents into one of their biggest detractors.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Still no sign that it has been shipped. I even asked for an update and it's been silence.

Jackrabbit710
Explorer
its been a week since i heard about my right headphone which wont work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey - do you guys think it will somehow speed the support process up if you keep on submitting new tickets? Can some of people actually managed to get some support from Oculus shed some light on the matter? Did you submit multiple support tickets or just the one?

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
No use opening multiple tickets.  The new tickets are just going to end up at the bottom of the queue.  

blanes
Rising Star
Why does support take so long ?  It is puzzling as they pronounced that all pre-orders are now fulfilled last week so you would assume they have more people dedicated to such issues as you guys experience.  Touch wood,  I have not had any problems and my Rift is excellent but I really feel for you guys going through this amount of stress when you should be enjoying what you paid for.  It really is not good enough and deserves some explanation ... but I fear you should not hold breathe waiting on that.  😕

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Yep you just keep receiving emails telling you that they're swamped with support tickets right now and to be patient. You would think that their being swamped with tickets would be a cue for them to increase the size of their support staff so that their paying customers aren't kept waiting for weeks at a time for their issues to get resolved with very little communication.

Supposedly a new Rift ships in 2 days now, and yet my RMA'd Rift was returned over a week ago now and I'm still waiting to hear anything. The only way I know it has arrived is because I checked the UPS tracking number. No communication from Oculus to say that they've received my returned unit and when I can expect to be sent a new one.

Getting a duff unit I can except, it happens. However then having the issue dragged out for weeks because of a poor support service is inexcusable. This is the sort of thing that will erode customer confidence in your business and will result in lost sales.

Sure the Vive has had hardware issues too but at least they have a support number you can call with people you can speak too. Putting in a support ticket and then waiting over week for any kind of reply is completely inadequate, especially when that is the sole means of communication with the support team, and even more so considering it is for an expensive piece of hardware. Oculus really need to get this sorted ASAP.

When you get through to the actual support staff I have no issues, as they've been polite, friendly and apologetic in their correspondence. The problem is the lengthy waits with no communication. I shouldn't be waiting more than a day to hear back from support, not a week or more. After the weeks and months of delays many of us had in actually receiving our orders, you would think that the last thing Oculus would want to do is to make their customers wait weeks more again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah. I've had it. I'm going to ask for a refund. As much as I want the rift, I feel with what happened here that I can't trust them. Whose to say that when you one day get a replacement, that it won't be faulty either and then you start the whole thing from scratch (and taking some of the posts on the forum, it HAPPENS).

Like you said Chazmeister, receiving a defective unit happens. I have no problem with it. It's unfortunate, but realistically you know that there is always a slight chance that you might get a dud. The thing you don't expect is this joke of a support process.

They are still "looking" into my issue. You would think that they would be able to investigate it better if they actually had the device there. I have no idea what they are supposedly "looking" at. 

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I finally received my replacement cable and thankfully it resolved the problem I had with it.  In the end, it took 86 days to get my original unit replaced with a functioning one.  That's absolutely insane!