cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support has gone silent regarding my cable replacement

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
On May 2, I received my CV1 and it was defective.  After a lot of back and forth with support, I finally received a replacement on June 9th.  Unfortunately, the cable that came with the replacement is defective.

On June 17th, I was told "You can expect it to arrive within the next 3 to 5 business days.", regarding a new cable.  It's now July 11th and I still don't have a replacement cable.  My follow-up messages to support (on June 30th,  July 9th and today) have go unanswered.

@cybereality, can you poke the team to see what's going on?  It's over 2 months since I received my CV1 and I still don't have a fully functioning unit.
18 REPLIES 18

mr2daj
Adventurer
Its a joke mate. I think it may be time for me to jump ship

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Yet another day with no response. Think it's time to start the chargeback process with my credit card provider.

epikmyk
Honored Guest
Omg. I remember reading you post on here a while ago. You still don't have things sorted out? This worries me a bit as it's been over a week since I've gotten a response. If they don't respond soon I guess I'll just have to return it to Amazon. I was hoping to get it replaced by Oculus since its under warranty and Amazon doesn't have anymore in stock, but I may just have to get a refund from Amazon at this point 😞

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Response times have just been getting longer and longer.  It's pretty ridiculous.  I'm giving them until Friday.  If I don't hear back by then, I'll start the chargeback process with my credit card company.  I'm not going to accept a product that I know has a defect, especially for the amount of money I spent on it.

bo3b
Expert Protege
I have to add my WTF!? regarding a cable replacement.  I submitted a support request on June 5, with the photograph demonstrating the bent pins.  They hemmed and hawed for two weeks, then said they were "looking into it."   

July 5 I ping them with an irritated message that it's been 4 full weeks to ship a f*ing cable.  They say, yes sorry, it's on the way, 3-5 business days.  And summarily close the ticket.

Today, 5 biz days after- zippo.  No tracking #, no info, no cable.  W T F!  It's a cable, it's not that hard.

On the other hand, maybe we now know what the shipping delays have all been about.  No one is this incompetent, no matter how busy.  

If they can't ship a simple cable, that suggests the cable themselves are the parts shortage.  Given the number of damaged cables reports I've seen, they had some manufacturing problem.

blanes
Rising Star
Oculus suffer from HUUUGE Communication Failures ...  basic stuff done really badly !   :s

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about this. Send me a PM and I can take a look. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer

bo3b said:

Today, 5 biz days after- zippo.  No tracking #, no info, no cable.  W T F!  It's a cable, it's not that hard.

Support told me there wouldn't be a tracking number for the replacement cable.  That makes things more difficult, as you have no way of knowing if\when it's shipped.

Sorry about this. Send me a PM and I can take a look. Thanks.

Thanks.  PM sent.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I got a response from support yesterday, apologizing and saying a new cable would be sent the same day.  No confirmation yet that a cable has shipped.  Let's see what happens.