cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemUX stops working when opening Quick Settings.

Forge_Master
Explorer

I have tried the guardian cache clear, I checked that everything was up to date, turned it off for an hour before turning it back on, and even signing in and out. Factory reset isn't an option for me.

18 REPLIES 18

emmaelza
Explorer

I have a similar problem. I turn on my quest 3, boot logo, systemux error popup and then just immediately resets the device... Endlessly on a loop. I really dont wanna have to do a factory reset. Are there any other alternative options???

i have a quest 2. but its only when trying to open quick settings

Hi everyone! We were scrolling by when we saw your conversation about errors related to the System UX stopping. We certainly understand how important it is to have your headset working properly, and we'd be happy to lend a hand!

A few reasons that this error can appear are things like Wi-Fi networks causing issues or updates not being applied properly. To start, we recommend the following steps:

• Power off the headset and leave it off for 10-20 minutes before powering it back on.
  • Double check the headset has been updated to the latest version.
  • Clear the guardian history to make sure there isn't anything causing issues while trying to load saved boundaries.
  • Disable the Wi-Fi on the headset in the settings/quick settings.
    • If you have issues with this, you can turn off the Wi-Fi router the headset is connecting to instead.

Please let us know how it goes and we'll be here with the best next steps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Check you pm

Hi @cargovrommm! Thanks for reaching out! We see your message, and we'll be right with you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey all! We're following up to see if those steps helped. Please let us know if there is any additional support we can provide! 

Hi. I'm having this same problem. I first noticed it last week after a few weeks of not using the headset. I'm on the latest version software for Oculus 2, I cleared guardian history and reset the wi-fi. When clicking Quick Settings, a blank screen flashes for a fraction of a second, then the screen and the dashboard disappear for about 1 second. Doing this multiple time results in an error dialog: "SystemUX keeps stopping". I see on the web that there is developer debugging. Do you have specific instructions for issues like this?

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello everyone! I have been seeing this is an issue and wanted to get a little more details! If everyone can please provide me with the following:

• Software Version Meta Quest Mobile App:
  • Software Version Meta Quest Headset:
  • Device you're having issue with:
  • Submitted a bug report: 

I want to make sure we can provide these details to our team! I hope to hear back!

We are all mad here.

Meta Quest mobile app version: 269.0.0.4.108
Quest 2 version: 50864850064000150
I filed a bug report in the app just now (6/1/24 1:23pm EDT)

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?