cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teen cannot ask for permission for game

Easy.e.3001
Explorer

My son is trying to reqeust access to Pavlov Shack.

When he finds the game on his app there is no option for him to request for parental permission.

I am linked to his account and I have notifications on.

What do we need to do?

Cheers

37 REPLIES 37

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

It looks like quite a few people are running into this issue so I want to give an update to help clear things up. In regards to users unable to make purchases of games rated for players 18+, to comply with Australian regulations, users under the age of 18 are not allowed to access mature content regardless of parental approval. This is a LINK to the support page that outlines locking and allowing apps. Near the top of the article it mentions that "this feature may not be available in all countries." If you are not in Australia but experiencing the same issue, my best recommendation is to reach out to support, let them know the situation and let them know you are not in Australia. I'll drop the support link HERE. Hope this helps.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

So how do underage people play 18+ games in Australia? There has to be a way, if not that’s just stupid

WrATHZer0
Honored Guest

Same issue, the parental settings are stupid because it's another layer in the apps own setting you have to follow amongst all the different settings on mobile, website and in the headset itself, it's a nightmare. This is the most overbearing thing I've ever seen, stop these apps from using their own supervision setting that overrides the headset or mobile setting as we can't play the **bleep** game.

Oh no, @WrATHZer0! We don't like to hear you are having the same issue as well. We know issues like this are not ideal for a great VR experience. We want to advise to double check the Supervision settings for teens and make sure you have enable the settings to allow app access and follow the steps for App access requests.

Please let us know if this information was helpful or if you still need assistance. We are always happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

​​​Hi again, @WrATHZer0! We hope all is well. We were just checking in with you to make sure your issue gets resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to reach out to us whenever it is convenient for you. We are always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am not from Australia and currently facing this exact issue… Meta support here just told me it’s just the laws of my region (Germany) and basically ended it there… Even though it certainly is not ! The website Tutorial is available in German afterall… Idk what to really do anymore since the mail support hasn’t responded in 6 days…

Hey there! We appreciate you reaching out to us to voice your concern. We definitely don't want you having trouble with your account, as we know how hindering this can be to your experience. So no worries, we're here to help.

To start, let's get this conversation moved over to our private messaging section so that we can gather a bit more information from you and take deeper look into this. You can get there by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you on this.

I had to create another meta account, email account and allow it from that account, it's just another layer of stopping kids playing the game even if you're an adult, apparently that is not good enough and Meta want to be the new parents and don't trust parents as other games that are mature or 18 don't have this problem.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?