cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ability to turn off the mirror in my virtual environment completely disappeared.

Joshimation
Honored Guest

I've been having some serious problems with my home screen on my Meta Quest 2 so I decided to factory reset it because that's what meta kept recommending to me every time I searched the problem online, however now that I've booted up my Meta Quest it's completely taken away the option to remove the mirror from my virtual environment. I would love to know if anyone has had any similar problems and if there's a way I can fix this so I can remove the mirror and set my Virtual Environment back to the way it looked before I factory reset the system.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Joshimation. We see you are having some issues regarding your ability to disable the mirror function in the virtual environment. We love that the virtual environment allows people to go to different areas they may not be able to visit normally. We also know how something may mess with the emersion of some users. We would love to help return you to your own experience and custom emerson. We have had some users have the same issue in the past, and the following steps have helped them as well. 

1. Go into Settings.
  2. Select Personalization
  3. Head toward Interactive Objects
  4. Under that, there should be a checkbox that turns off the mirror.

We hope these help you as well. If not, please reach back out and let us know. We hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @Joshimation! We just wanted to follow up with you to see if you still needed our assistance. If so, please feel free to reach out to us at any time!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

After the factory reset, which OS version has it updated to? You need at least v57 to have the option to turn off the mirror.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?