cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The data sharing option (via USB) is no longer visible on my Oculus Quest 2

Hello,
Since yesterday, the option to share data via USB is no longer displayed on the headset when I connect my USB cable to my Oculus Rift 2.
The Windows sound indicates that the headset is connected, and I can eject it from the taskbar. But no request in the headset to share data...
Maybe I asked by mistake not to display this option anymore?
Do you know how to make it visible again?
Thank you very much for your help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you told the headset not to offer the option again, you can re-enable it by enabling developer mode on your phone app and selecting the USB Dialog option from the developer menu in the headset. You'll need a developer account for that because the world is mad.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you told the headset not to offer the option again, you can re-enable it by enabling developer mode on your phone app and selecting the USB Dialog option from the developer menu in the headset. You'll need a developer account for that because the world is mad.

A big thank you! Problem solved.

I don't know if this is an inappropriate way to artificially increase the number of registered developers on their platform, or just cumulative stupidity between Meta and Oculus. For people who, like me, will have to create a developer account for nothing: https://developer.oculus.com/manage/organizations/create/

mrjerrye
Level 2

Thank you for this, christophe, this did the trick for me.  I cannot fathom how meta can be so bad at how they handle the Quest devices and accounts.  Nearly every time I try to use or update my Quest, there is some thing that causes me an issue, and it is always stupid.  Just like this.  You have to do better than this meta.