cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time/date

ESG_Dude
Honored Guest

So i literally was just playing my oculus this morning turned if off come back to get back on an now my time and date is set to march 23 2036 out of no where no internet connection will fix due to its none correspondence  

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The date and time on the Oculus headset is set up from the phone's date and time. To adjust this you will need to factory reset the headset and set up with a phone that is set to the correct time. To perform a factory reset you can find the steps here. If that doesn't help please submit a support ticket here and kindly include all of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

Note:

Make sure that your Oculus Quest is fully charged when you perform the factory reset. The factory reset will remove all data. Your apps from the Oculus Store can be downloaded again afterward. However, if you have transferred any personal files from your computer to your headset, they will be permanently removed. If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer. Please let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance on this.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Or if you have a PC install Sidequest and use that to install the little settings app on your headset that exposes the Android settings that are normally hidden, including date and time. It's been discussed a lot here recently.

MonsterPoney
Honored Guest

This is one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen, factory reset or use an external tool which include developper privileges to change a date ?! Oculus drives me nut since the first headset with stupid things like this !

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?