cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Controller won't show up as an option in "Pair Device" while trying to play pcvr with my Quest

Klumpu
Honored Guest

As I said in the title, I can't get pcvr to work because the touch controllers are not connecting. It should read Touch Controller when pressing "Pair Device", but it only shows Gamepad as an option. It is really annoying because now I can't play pcvr with my quest 2. Here are some screenshots from the Oculus pc app:Quest 2 controller wont connect 2.jpgQuest 2 controler wont connect 1.jpg

I have repaired the software, uninstalled it and intalled it about five times and have updated all my drivers. It work for several days but then just suddenly stopped. I really son't know what to do, I have looked around the internet for many hours but not found any answers.

I hope someone can help me fix it, because I have spent money in the steamvr shop. Really hope someone can help me.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Klumpu! We'll get this sorted out for you since we understand how confusing it can be not knowing the reason that it stopped working. We'd like to jump in and help you get back into the VR world. We'll leave some instructions for you to try below; this will uninstall the app as well as any unwanted files that are left behind. Please keep us updated on how things are going so that we can plan any additional steps.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here: https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, I have tried to delete all the folder and things with oculus in it, but it still does not work. I am pretty sure that it is supposed to say something about "touch controller right" and "Touch controller left" but it still soes not. Software looks the same even after downloading and logging in and setting up.

I have tried what you guys said, but it is not working. I just awn't to play on pcvr. So, pleeeaase try to help me. Please.

Hello, and thank you for responding so quickly. We'll need to check your PC's logs and connectivity as well; for this, we'll need you to open a support ticket and schedule a callback or chat live since we don't have the necessary tools here on the forums. We'll leave the link here to open a support ticket.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Klumpu
Honored Guest

I will check back with you some other time, as of now I am doing some other things, but I will contact you soon. Also, how do you leave a ticket and schedule a callback? Sry for not responding, as I did not see it and then didn't have time, and then forgot about it... Also I am sick right know sooooo...

But yeah, will contact you soon.

Klumpu
Honored Guest

um, when i try to schedule a callback or supportticket from that link, it doesnt show any options that fit my problem, how do i do it??? and just in case you see this, i did factory reset my headset, and that didnt work.

Thanks for reaching out, @Klumpu. If you don't see anything related to your specific problem, it's okay to just make a general ticket. These options are pretty generic, so it's not unusual for all the problems to be listed. Once we get you on the phone, you should be able to explain in detail what your real issue is.

Hey Hey @Klumpu, Have you been able to get a callback scheduled? We also wanted to mention that for a Quest 2, controllers will be paired using the mobile app, and not the PC app. Are you able to get the controllers paired to the headset using the mobile app? Lets us know!