cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controller drifting in-game? This will fix

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Well, after approx 2 years of use my left controller just started to drift to the left in the past few days. I did some searching on the web and found others have had similar problems. I found a simple fix (discovered and provided by others) for this as a result. I'll just summarize it here for anyone needing to do so.

1. Close your Oculus software

2. Open your explorer and travel to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Oculus\TouchCalibration

3. Copy the files in this folder as backup.

4. Open the .LTouch(left) or .RTouch(right) file with notepad, which ever touch controller you have the issue with.

5. To search hit the hotkey: Ctrl+F and enter either JoyYDeadMax or JoyXDeadMax or JoyYDeadMin or JoyXDeadMin

6.  Y = Forward and backward dead zone issues

X = Left and Right dead zone issues

7. Increase or decrease the number by 50 each time until it stops (you may need to do this multiple times depending on how bad it is, restart software after each attempt)

Save + Close, restart your Oculus software. You may have to restart your computer.

Here are some examples of what to do when one of these is happening to your controller:

Eg.. JoyXDeadMin = -X value, JoyXDeadMax = +X value and so on

• If your avatar started randomly moving forward when you just slightly touching thumbstick, increase Deadzone +Y value.
  • If your avatar started randomly moving backward, decrease Deadzone -Y value.
  • If your avatar started randomly moving left, decrease Deadzone -X value.
  • If your avatar started randomly moving right, increase Deadzone +X value.
  • If your avatar started randomly rotationg left, decrease Deadzone -X value of right controller.
  • If your avatar started randomly rotationg right, increase Deadzone +X value of right controller.

Credit goes to Desunyan and Shii2 from the web

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

41 REPLIES 41

Shan0theViking
Honored Guest

InkedAlien
Honored Guest
Natural Locomotion on steam also has an option to disable the thumbstick and use arm swinging as the default locomotion. Its like 10 bucks but it fixed it for my brother who has the Rift S.  You have to swing arms to move tho but it doesn't make you move all over the place. 

SuHot
Honored Guest

Preffer this method if you have hardware problem

i have close Oculus the software, but i dont have any touch settings files

What happened to the app? Idc how non-user friendly it is I need it bad

ImNotARock
Honored Guest

yeaaahh one problem i dont have C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Oculus\TouchCalibration anywhere on my pc

BoxMan509_0-1653229053496.png

Hey, do you have any idea what the other classes/properties in the touch calibration files mean? Is there documentation on this as well?

No docs on it, and only the Rift CV1 used it. It's part of the software we're not really supposed to mess around in. 🙂

I can guess what some of the other properties are, but nothing certain.

Like CapSenseMin and CapSenseTouch would be the value of each capacitive sensor to detect there's a finger nearby and to trigger a positive touch.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thanks, do you know of it/think there is a similar calibration file for quest 2 in android storage? Having some q2 controller issues and this would likely help fix that too.