cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Lost Loop on Quest 3

WhisperKid
Explorer

Hey there,

I think I found a problem with some headsets (this is my second one with this issue) where if I'm playing a game through Oculus Link (via cable) and take the headset off for a couple minutes, when I get back to it the headset will just be a grey screen with a "Tracking Lost" pop up in the middle.

Controllers won't appear and you can't click the pop up "Continue" button with nothing, not even the headset buttons. I've also tried doing a forced boot up and a factory reset which had led me to the same problem.

The only solution I have come across is leaving the headset on overnight while charging and the next day it will be working again.

Is this a known issue? Is there any real solution to this problem? I want to use the headset in different times of the day and with this problem I'm unable to.

3 REPLIES 3

GhostThief82
Honored Guest

Hi, i have the same problem, but i just use the headset.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there everyone! We understand that this tracking lost error is interrupting your game play and this is not what we want for you all. We want to suggest a few troubleshooting steps that may be of assistance in resolving this issue. 

• Please confirm if USB cable is plugged into a USB 3 Port as recommended
  • Re-seat the USB Cable
  • Try another USB 3 port
  • Reboot the PC
  • Re-install PC VR software

If this does not help and further assistance is needed we suggest reaching out to us in a PM! This will help us be able to take a closer look into the issue and proceed accordingly. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, hey, hey!! Just popping in real quick to see if these troubleshooting steps were able to resolve everyone's issues. If you all still need further assistance, do not hesitate to let us know! We wish you well.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!