cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble pairing phone with Meta Quest 2 headset

Liz18553
Honored Guest

I cannot pair my Meta Quest 2 headset with my phone. The phone asks for a 5 digit code and the device gives a 6 digit code. What do I do?! 

3 REPLIES 3

Boymama3009
Honored Guest

I’m having same issue but not getting a code at all on the headset. 

I’m having issues pairing a 2nd phone to the headset. I have found info that says go to about section and get pairing code. You can search settings for pairing code and it will show you the 5 digit code. Hope this helps.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys! We would love to help you pair your mobile devices with the headset. We know this step is critical for managing accounts, installing apps, and several other key features. Let's go ahead and get started with some basic troubleshooting steps. If you could please try the steps listed below, that would be great.

The host device is the device that will link with the headset, a smartphone, for example.

1. Restart the headset and the host device.
  2. Try to sync the headset to another host device.
    • This allows us to rule out any issue with the headset Bluetooth sync.
  3. Try to sync a different device than the headset to the host device.
    • This allows us to rule out any issue with the host device's Bluetooth sync.
  4. Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect communication (such as headset covers, etc.).
  5. Clear the Bluetooth cache on the host device (see how to do it below).
  6. Allow some time for the host device to cool.

Please let us know if this helps. Feel free to reach out to us anytime; we are just a message away!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?