cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two factor auth wont be detected even when its on

luuvbunny
Explorer

I had developer mode before but it randomly went away so I went to get it again and I found out that you need to turn on two factor authentication to get it. I do that and it says its on but when I go to my quest app and try to turn developer mode on from there it still said set up or something like that. I put a authenticator app I don't know if I need a phone number too. someone help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, hello, @Ideoken! We see you're experiencing some trouble enabling Developer Mode on your new headset! We know how important our developers are for improving the VR experience for all users, so we'd love to help! To start with, we do want to let you know that before you can put your device in developer mode, you must belong to (or have created) a developer organization on the Developer Dashboard. 

For more information on enabling Developer Mode or creating a developer organization, please check out the Developer Device Setup. For any assistance with Developer Mode itself, we can recommend contacting Developer Support, as they will have the necessary tools on-hand to look further into that for you. Please keep in mind, you must have a verified developer account in order to submit a request. If you do not sign in with a verified account you will be redirected to the "Not Registered" page. Here are the steps to contact Developer Support:

1. Go to the Developer Support Center and click on the "Sign In" link in the upper right corner.
  2. Sign into your Developer Account.
  3. Then use the Contact Us form to create a Support request.
  4. Once created you can monitor your support request using this link: https://oculusdevelopers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @luuvbunny! Thank you for reaching out. We see that you're having issues accessing the developer mode via the Quest app. We know how troublesome it can be when you're not able to use the tools at your disposal. You would want to go ahead and put in a phone number to complete the two-factor authentication.

Have you completed these steps as well?

1. Go to https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify/.
  2. If prompted, login with your Meta Developer account.
  3. Verify your account with one of the two following options:
    • Confirm your mobile number to set up SMS two-factor verification, please visit the Facebook Help Center to ensure that your country and phone carrier are supported for SMS.
    • Add a payment method to your account.

Let us know if you have any questions. We're looking forward to your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried to add a phone number and when I put in my whole number it just wouldn't send a message so I kept trying and it said try again later too many attempts or something

Hi again. Thank you for letting us know that you were able to add your full number in and that it didn't work. That is not fun at all, and we want to help you get this resolved. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Quest app? If the issue still persists, please contact our amazing support team. We have a few more tools in our arsenal to better assist you, such as live chat, email, or a call-back option

I did not do it in the quest app actually I don't know how to I did it on the website auth.meta.com

We appreciate you providing that additional information for us! At this time we recommend reaching out to our support team here so we can assist you further with this issue. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

It's been a while but I contacted support and they said its a known problem and they are working on it. It's been about a month and some weeks still wondering when it's gonna be fixed.

Hey there, @luuvbunny! We just wanted to stop on by as we noticed you are still having issues with your two factor authentication not being detected while being turned on. We know how important it is to have that extra security for your account. We really want to help try and resolve this issue, so that we are able to do so go ahead and shoot us a PM. This can be done by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. You will then, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message

RainbowDeborah
Honored Guest

I'm having this same issue. I set up 2fa with google authenticator, and it appears to work whenever I log in, but when I go to the "Verify Your Oculus Developer Account" page it says 2fa isn't enabled. 

I had a developer account with the facebook account I used with my headset, but it isn't letting me access it any more, anyone know if there's a way to transfer the organization on an old facebook account to a new meta account? something like that could at least be a workaround but I can't even access that one.

Hey hey, @RainbowDeborah! We just wanted to pop on by to lend a hand with your two-factor authentication issue; we know how important it is to have that extra security on your account. We want to do everything we can to try and resolve this for you; go ahead and follow this link to our amazing support team. We will have more tools available to try and assist further.