cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Allow/Deny file access

DeathM
Honored Guest

I accidentally pressed Deny when it promted me if i wanted my laptop to access and it doesn't show again and i cant enable developer mode because it doesn't send me a verification code

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We see you mentioned accidentally denying developer mode and being unable to obtain the verification code, Don't worry, we all have those days, but Meta is here to help. Let's see what we can do to help you with this. Could you please try the following:

• Uninstall the Oculus PC app.
  • Reboot the headset.
  • Install the Oculus PC app again.
  • Accept the developer mode once more.

If you are still having problems, please PM us so that we can look into some other options for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DeathM
Honored Guest

It still doesn't prompt me to allow file access

Hi again! We would like for you to try the following and let us know if it allows you to enable the USB prompt. Settings > System > Developer to make sure the USB prompt is enabled.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

There is no developer option in system settings so I can't turn on USB prompt

We would like for you to reach out to us in a private message so we can look further into this. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

DeathM
Honored Guest

I have private messaged but I haven’t gotten a response 

robgordon76
Explorer

I have this problem now. Stupid hand tracking clicked me on the deny and don't show again. Its basically bricked as there is no option to turn it on. Meta what are you thinking!!! Madness

Hey there, @robgordon76. We can definitely understand how inconvenient it can be when accidentally denying the file access since the window won't pop up again. To fix this, you should just have to factory reset the headset to have the window return. Be sure your cloud backup is turned on, it should be on by default but we'll list the steps for this below just in case: 

• Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  • Select  Settings
  • Select System, then select Backup.
  • Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

Once the cloud backup is turned on, you can factory reset the device. This won't make you lose any purchases or anything, once you log back into your account and setup the device you can reinstall everything. 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know if you run into any issues, we'd be glad to help out further! 

Hey there, @robgordon76! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!